Connecticut

OMG...please reassure me

Hi CT ladies! I haven't been on here as much as planning gets into full swing. However, today my fiance and I were due to meet with the priest performing our wedding. This was due to be our third meeting, and we were very comfortable with him. Since we've moved, we haven't attended church at this particular church for a few months (it is the church I grew up attending). So imagine my surprise when I called today to confirm my appointment...to be told that "our" priest had be reassigned. This is no big deal right? The office manager reassured me that our time/date/place is still ours...but I'm still feeling a bit freaked out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: OMG...please reassure me

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    It'll be okay. This also happened to me. Luckily our priest was reassigned to another church in the same town, so he'll still be doing our ceremony.

Do you know where he was reassigned to? If he is still close by then theres no reason why he couldn't perform your ceremony. If not, then I would meet with another priest asap so that you'll feel comfortable with the new one by your wedding :)
    imageAnniversary
  • I wouldn't worry at all!  We're doing our pre cana with a different priest than the one marrying us.  We're only going to meet with the priest who is marrying us to set up logistics.  Religious ceremonies are pretty traditional so it'll be fine...deep breath! :-)
  • It is fine.  As long as you have it booked and you have someone to perform the ceremony, it is fine. 
  • Thanks for the words of reassurance! I've actually tracked "our" priest to another church in the same diocese, so I'm going to see if there is a chance he can return for our wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Although we aren't getting married in a church I've only met my JP because he's my uncle's friend and performed my cousin's wedding (I was her MOH).  I've only spoken to him on the phone but he's not even attending our rehearsal (if we REALLY needed him to, he would but he would charge us--he isn't charging us for the ceremony).  Our ceremony is only a few mins long. 

Since you are getting married in the church and they assured you were still booked then I'm sure they would have someone lined up to perform the ceremony if it doesn't work out with your previous priest.
  • I had this happen to me as well within the past month!  As long as your date is set with the church, you're okay.  Another priest, a family friend, is marrying us and that is okay with our new priest.  You can PM me for details if you'd like of what my fiance and I just experienced! :)  All will be well!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards