Wisconsin

Intimate Outdoor Venue?

I'm looking for a location in WIsconsin for approximately 20 guests.  We are hoping for a casual setting that also has overnight accomodations, plus other activites for the weekend- hiking, golfing, ext.  

We'd like the ceremony to be overlooking a lake, or at least outdoors. 

Any ideas??

Re: Intimate Outdoor Venue?

• edited December 2011

Where in Wisconsin are you looking? 

You could look at places in Devil's Lake area (which is near the Dells area) there are a lot of attractions like hiking and golfing.  I know some one getting married at the Devil's Head Resort, which might offer a lot of what you are looking for.

Otherwise in SE Wisconsin there is Grand Geneva which has golfing, spa, an indoor waterpark, and even a restaurant on the resort.  Plus Lake Geneva is a really cool town with lots of shopping and restaurants, etc.  There's a big lake there, but idk if you'd want to have your ceremony there.  I *think* Grand Geneva has a small lake if I remember correctly, but I'm not sure.

Madison has a lot of options like that and you could get married at the Allen Centennial Garndes.  There is a small pond there and it's a really beautiful garden space.  I'll be getting my engagement photos done there.  I would have gotten married there if my wedding wasn't in the winter.  Madison has tons of things to do obviously, like museums, a zoo, golf courses, and so many other things.

Hopefully that gives you some ideas! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sameagansameagan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In central WI there is an awesome resort called Heidel House... they have the option of an outdoor ceremony on Green Lake and have a ton of size options for wedding receptions. We were going to have ours there, but the only allow outdoor receptions to last until around 10pm due to the surrounding residencies.

Right off of the resort there are four great golfing locations and spa locations... also the little town (Green Lake) that the the resort is in is absolutely adorable.  We ended up booking them for our guest rooms and our showers because we loved them so much...

http://www.heidelhouse.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KatieD212KatieD212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are TONS of places in northern WI! I live in Eagle River, and there are a few beautiful places up here....Minocqua as well.  Door County is great too!
    My personal favorite in Eagle River would be Eagle Waters....My FI family owns Pitliks Resort in Sugar Camp which has done a few weddings....beautiful place!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Eagle Waters in Eagle River! Right on the lake, excellent accommodations, best wedding food!
    I am having my reception there so if you have any questions, let me know!
    www.eaglewaters.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards