Plus-Sized
Options

Any Canadian plus-sized brides out there?

Looking for advice.  Just got engaged and looking for plus-sized dresses in the maritimes, but willing to travel a little further if I have to.  Wondering where to shop, do you know of any places that carry plus-sizes?

Re: Any Canadian plus-sized brides out there?

• Options
    I've heard David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo carry a good range of plus sizes. Otherwise, I'd call ahead and check.

DB and AA have good online stores/inventory so you can take a good look at what they have.

If you find somewhere that carries Mori Lee or Maggie Sottero, I believe both of those have some really lovely plus size dresses.
  • Options
    I am a Canadian plus-sized bride.  I did a lot of searching online before I headed out to the bridal stores.
    I first went to David's Bridal because I heard they had a good selection of plus-sized dresses.  They had a pretty large selection, but I found that they weren't the quality I was looking for.  A lot of the materials felt cheap or super heavy.
    I feel in love with a picture of a dress online, and ended up calling around to a few stores to find a local shop that had it.  It is a Paloma Blanca (Style 4165).  The designers line goes up to a size 22, but one of my measurements was larger than that.  The dress shop I went to called the designer and they agreed to make the dress to my measurements for an extra $75.
    I would definitely suggest looking at that designer (they are based out of Toronto).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I would suggest checking out the designer Mori Lee -- She (he?? lol) has a plus size line, that is beautiful, called "Julietta".

You can search to see what stores in your region carry their styles. I recently purchased style 3072 and feel beautiful in it!

They are also very reasonably priced for their quality -- mine was under $1000 after taxes! And they have a good size range -- 16W to 32W.

Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards