Ohio-Cincinnati

The Benchmark in Covington

Has anyone used The Benchmark in Covington or been to a wedding reception there???

Re: The Benchmark in Covington

• Sugarbear86Sugarbear86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I have in the spring.  My friends reception was there, it didn't hold a ton of people but it was a really nice place.  The staff was friendly and the dance floor was a pretty decent size.  I would give it a go.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Sugarbear! I'll take a look at it
  • edited December 2011
    I went to take a tour a few months ago and we liked it. I liked the layout of the place. It is really nice and the packages aren't bad either.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    We looked there and liked the space, but the woman running it was a bit off-putting.  She seemed to not like the idea of putting everything we discussed (certain details and pricing) in the contract.  She seemed to feel she would just remember.  However, with the venue I did chose every little detail was put in writing, and thank goodness because our coordinator resigned part way through planning.
    So I'd say if you do go there, don't let her put you off from getting everything in writing.  She made us feel like it was a strange request, but it's not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]We looked there and liked the space, but<strong> the woman running it was a bit off-putting</strong>.  She seemed to not like the idea of putting everything we discussed (certain details and pricing) in the contract.  She seemed to feel she would just remember.  However, with the venue I did chose every little detail was put in writing, and thank goodness because our coordinator resigned part way through planning. So I'd say if you do go there, don't let her put you off from getting everything in writing.  She made us feel like it was a strange request, but it's not.
    Posted by mumel16[/QUOTE]

I agree!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Do you remember her name???
  • edited December 2011
    I just looked back through my files and it doesn't look like I noted it anywhere, but an old email has the name Elaine.  I'm not sure if that's the person we talked to or not.  Sorry!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Constance2012Constance2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The day we met with the lady who runs it (I cant remember her name) came down from upstairs and smelled like alcohol. She said she was running some kind of meeting upstairs and was drinking with the guys before we got there. (We had an appointment so it wasnt like she didnt know we were coming) She also didnt seem really organized so it made us decide against it!
  • GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my best friends had her wedding reception there this past June. It was decorated really beautifully, plenty of space, and the food was great. The outside of the place isnt all that nice to look at, but the inside is pretty. I would definitely check it out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah... so I met with Elaine today, she was totally disorganized. I emailed her last night to confirm our meeting at 1:00 today, she replied and confirmed. When I got there she took me through the site and showed me everything. Then when I said something about my date again... she was like wait I booked that date 3 days ago! So the entire time I was talking with her and emailing back in forth she had already booked my date.
    It's OK, I have 3 more site to visit this week and next, but wow.
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Yeah... so I met with Elaine today, she was totally disorganized. I emailed her last night to confirm our meeting at 1:00 today, she replied and confirmed. When I got there she took me through the site and showed me everything. Then when I said something about my date again... she was like wait I booked that date 3 days ago! So the entire time I was talking with her and emailing back in forth she had already booked my date.<strong> It's OK, I have 3 more site to visit this week and next, but wow.
    </strong>Posted by etalkie[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you! I hope you find your venue in the next 3!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards