Outdoor Weddings
Options

Alternative for flower girl...

Since I am having an outdoor wedding, I was thinking of having the flower girl twirling a ribbon baton rather than tossing rose petals. What are your thoughts on this?

Re: Alternative for flower girl...

• Options
    I think it's cute.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    We're not tossing rose petals :) I've also seen pinwheels which are super cute IMO :)
  • Options
    reilsreils member
    First Comment
    I think it sounds cute. Our FG is carrying balloons instead of flowers/petals. 
  • Options
    It does sound super cute, my only concern is how long the ribbon will be and can they trip over it?!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    That sounds really cute.  We are doing something similar.  I am going to take two bunches of silk hydrangeas (I'm using those flowers to make my pomander balls, etc) and attach them to a wodden dowel, wrap the dowel in ribbon, and then have a bunch of ribbon streamers coming out from the base of the flower.  It's almost like a big wand. 
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    It sounds cute. Just make sure the ribbon isn't very long - I'm picturing people getting whipped on the head by it Frown
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Sure, sounds like fun.

My FGs are carrying pomanders because our pastor says that if anything is thrown in the church, we have to clean it up.  Which is entirely reasonable, and I have no intentions of picking up rose petals (or sparkles or confetti).
  • Options
    I always saw the flower girl as 'paving the way' fo the bride with petals/etc.
    So I am totally in LOVE with these pics I'm seeing of little kids walking before the bride, carrying a sign saying 'Here Comes the Bride' 

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." ~Moulin Rouge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards