Not Engaged Yet

The Bachelorette

Is anyone watching? Want to discuss?

I have to admit I was wrong about thinking it would be boring with Emily as the bachelorette. I think they are showing much more of her personality now than they did when she was on the bachelor.

My favorites so far are Arie and Jef.

Re: The Bachelorette

• I tried watching the first episode, but I just really don't like Emily. It sucks because I like the Bachelorette better than tr Bachelor. I prefer to watch 25 hot guys and only one woman than 25 women squabbling over one guy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like her she seems real. Most of them seem very fake to me. I wish her the best. I do want to smack the crap out of some of these men on this show, but I feel that way about a lot of the women on the bachelor too.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I like her she seems real. Most of them seem very fake to me. I wish her the best. I do want to smack the crap out of some of these men on this show, but I feel that way about a lot of the women on the bachelor too.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • I didn't watch on Monday - I have a standing Bachelorette date with one of my friends, and she had something else to do Monday night, so we're just going to have a double feature next week.

I LOVE Emily. I think she is just the sweetest. My favorite guy so far is Ryan, the guy she went on the very first date with... I was swooning over him from the beginning. I also like the scruffy single dad... Greg? I don't want to look at the website, because I don't want to know who got kicked off, haha. The one who got in a fight with the helicopter douche last week.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2012
    In Response to Re:The Bachelorette:Is anyone watching? Want to discuss?I have to admit I was wrong about thinking it would be boring with Emily as the bachelorette. I think they are showing much more of her personality now than they did when she was on the bachelor.My favorites so far are Arie and Jef. Posted by bethsmiles I didn't plan on watching it because I wasn't very impressed with Emily at all mostly from their breakup show. But my dvr was still set to tape it, so I have seen all the episodes and I have to say, I like her quite a bit more now that I know there is more to her personality than just sugar... My favorites are Arie, Chris, and Doug. Sean is nice, too, but they would be way too Barbie and Ken for my taste.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• OOO Arie too. His eyes are beauuuuutiful.

*******************************************************************************************

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_the-bachelorette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:189695f3-7c8f-4e89-9f2e-c7b384edf34ePost:633031d8-c555-4cb9-80ef-76adb6eacfdc">Re: The Bachelorette</a>:
    [QUOTE]OOO Arie too. His eyes are beauuuuutiful.
    Posted by BriSox81[/QUOTE]

<div>I like him for a lot of reasons, but mostly because he's from Scottsdale. I loved when they showed him at home, I can pretty much tell you where he lives based on the scenery in the background. I so want him to get a hometown date!</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_the-bachelorette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:189695f3-7c8f-4e89-9f2e-c7b384edf34ePost:74e6e4cb-3751-4e5e-a960-3d82b634b474">Re:The Bachelorette</a>:
    [QUOTE] I didn't plan on watching it because I wasn't very impressed with Emily at all mostly from their breakup show. But my dvr was still set to tape it, so I have seen all the episodes and I have to say, I like her quite a bit more now that I know there is more to her personality than just sugar... My favorites are Arie, Chris, and Doug. <strong>Sean is nice, too, but they would be way too Barbie and Ken for my taste</strong>.
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

I'm also really glad she sent Stevie home in the last episode. He was super annoying. Yes, Kalan is obviously an a$$ but Stevie was being just as much of an a$$ because he couldn't just ignore the guy.

• I've only caught bits and peices of two episodes.  I have to say I wasn't planning to watch it because I wasn't a fan of the idea of her moaning about missing her kid yet coming back to do ANOTHER tv show.  Then I found out they were doing it in her town and I saw her giving these guys a liitle what for on whether they were ready to be a ready made family and she kind of grew on me.

I like Arie, Doug and Sean

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_the-bachelorette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:189695f3-7c8f-4e89-9f2e-c7b384edf34ePost:e52deb7e-6302-4eab-9d22-aba83d26c250">Re: The Bachelorette</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've only caught bits and peices of two episodes.  I have to say I wasn't planning to watch it because<strong> I wasn't a fan of the idea of her moaning about missing her kid yet coming back to do ANOTHER tv show.</strong>  Then I found out they were doing it in her town and I saw her giving these guys a liitle what for on whether they were ready to be a ready made family and she kind of grew on me. I like Arie, Doug and Sean
    Posted by doubleSS07[/QUOTE]

I had the same thought. I really like that they are doing it in her hometown though so she can do the show and still be at home with her daughter.

• I watch religiously.  I like Arie, Chris, and Jef.  I like Doug (the single dad), but I think he's leading too much with the fact that he's a dad.  WHO ARE YOU AS A PERSON, buddy?
  • I'm watching! I love Emily. She seems so sweet and the bond she has with her daughter is incredible.

I think she REALLY likes Arie. I don't think he's the most handsome one there, but so far he seems like a really nice, genuine, caring guy. I like Jef, but they strike me as an odd pair together. I haven't seen enough of him yet to know for sure what he's like.

On the preview they show at the beginning of the season, they show Emily yelling "Get the f**k out"! - I really hope she was yelling that to Kalon. I dislike him more than words can say.

I looked it up last night and they started filming mid-March, so if the show is approx 9 weeks, then I think she would've gotten engaged around May 10th (assuming it worked out). Can't wait to find out who it is!
  • RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Beth, I totally agree from day one: Arie and Jef!  My first thought when I saw Arie was, WOW!  Emily and Arie also seem to have good chemistry together, which I have not yet seen with her and Jef.  Some of those guys seriously bug me.  The body builder guy (Ryan?) came off sounding like an assss when he basically told Emily not to lose her figure on the last episode.  

I haven't watched too many seasons of either the Bachelor or the Bachelorette,  mainly because I doubt the sincerity of the show as a whole sometimes.  Still, it can be entertaining...

• I LOVE Arie and Sean!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_the-bachelorette?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:189695f3-7c8f-4e89-9f2e-c7b384edf34ePost:e6d419e3-4b5f-44ac-8f42-400930f5056c">Re: The Bachelorette</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beth, I totally agree from day one: Arie and Jef!  My first thought when I saw Arie was, WOW! <strong> Emily and Arie also seem to have good chemistry together</strong>, which I have not yet seen with her and Jef.  Some of those guys seriously bug me.  The body builder guy (Ryan?) came off sounding like an assss when he basically told Emily not to lose her figure on the last episode.   I haven't watched too many seasons of either the Bachelor or the Bachelorette,  mainly because I doubt the sincerity of the show as a whole sometimes.  Still, it can be entertaining...
    Posted by RWS2011[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The way he acts around her reminds me a lot of how BF is with me. I think Emily and Jef need a one-one-one date.

And yeah Ryan seems like a total jerk.

• Beth - Maybe you should add a 'SPOILER ALERT' to a couple of your comments so Bri (and anyone else who hasn't seen the episode) knows to skip your post. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards