Christian Weddings

Prayer Request/Update

For those of you not on the FB page, I'll C&P what I posted earlier today.

"Hey ladies, quick prayer request. My great aunt passed away in her sleep unexpectedly Monday night/Tuesday morning. She was only 67 and believed to be in good health. Services are Thursday. I have a TON of stuff going on in the lab that I shouldn't leave, but attending the services is important to me because she was very influential in my life. Can you please pray for my family as they're dealing with this and for me to be able to get out of here ASAP so I can be with my family? Thanks, ladies!"

So...a bit of an update.

I'm going to get to attend the services. I'm soo relieved. I had a sit down with my boss and supervisor before I left work today and they understood why I needed to be there and they were actually okay with me going. They think I've made good progress on my research and are pretty sure everything will be fine. Huge sigh of relief!

I've been on and off the phone with my mom and grandma today. Apparently she had breast cancer and no one told me. I'm so hurt. My little sister, my dad, my grandpa, everyone knew but me. I hung up on my mom when she first told me and didn't answer any of her calls until I was on my lunch break. They still haven't given me a good reason for why I wasn't told and I doubt there is one.

Anyway, if you could be praying for this giant mess, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to get to spend some time with FI before and after the funeral (he's taking the day off work to go as well...love that guy!) and I'm sure he'll let me vent and cry so I can get it all out.
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: Prayer Request/Update

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg, sweetie, I am so sorry that no one told you your aunt was sick.  I can't even imagine.  My aunt and uncle waited a long time to tell my 12 year old cousin that our grandmother had cancer and I didn't agree with their decision but could understand - he was 12.  To not tell you at all is completely insulting and I don't blame you for the emotions that led to you hanging up on your mom.  I would probably have done the same thing.

I'll be praying for peace for your heart and safe travels to the funeral.
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is always tragic to lose someone but it always hurts worse when it's unexpected.

Second, I'm glad you getting to attend the services. Your boss/supervisor seem to be understanding and compassionate- you're blessed!!

Lastly, I'm devested for you that no one told you she had breast cancer. It's not like you're 6 years old and can't "handle" the information. I do not blame you for being upset at all. 

I will be praying for your great aunt, your family and you. Virtual hugs coming your way too!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. 
  • edited December 2011
    So sorry for your loss, but very relieved you get to attend the services. Praying for understanding between you and your family. 
  • edited December 2011
    :( I am so sorry for your loss and your situation. I will keep your family in my prayers :(
  • edited December 2011
    Praying, mrandmrsbrist ... that sounds tough.  Sorry you were kept out of the loop.  I know how hurtful that can be. 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I am so glad you are going to be able to attend the service. I agree, you are blessed to have such understanding bosses/supervisors. I am sorry your family didn't tell you. Just listen to them when they do explain to you why they didn't tell  you. And lean on your FI when you need too, don't hold it all in.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies. It's really difficult to understand why I wasn't told. I'm in my hometown staying with my family just about every weekend, so it's not like I'm not around. My great aunt lives next door to my grandparents (who I lived with for awhile) so she had a part in raising me, so it's not like she was distant or I didn't really know her. And I was told about my grandpa's melanoma, which was supposed to have been terminal, so it's not like they didn't think I could handle it.

I'm not sure if I should just put it out of my mind or if I should deal with it. I don't plan on talking about it anymore with my family because everyone is saying the same thing: "We didn't want to ruin this happy time in your life." Yeah, well, ain't so happy now, is it? *sigh*
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards