Honeymoon Discussions
Options

All Inclusive Info

Hello,

FI and I are currently looking at carribean destinations for our early October honeymoon, possibly Aruba.  We are interested in an AI, but know NOTHING about them.  I'm seeing so much conflicting info online....some love Riu, some say to stay far away, etc.

Is there a good, unbiased website that breaks down the different AI chains and gives the lowdown on what's good, what's cheesy, what's luxury, what has great food, etc?  Or can anyone break them down for me?

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: All Inclusive Info

• Options
    Try Trip Advisor and do a search on AI hotels in Aruba. You can also search restaurants on that site, it's really helpful.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/
  • Options
    We just recently booked our honeymoon to Aruba .  Our TA advised us not to go with an AI due to the fact there are alot of great resturants on the Island that you wouldn't get to try and also that the Island is pretty safe in comparison to some other carribean destinations.  A family friend has been going to Aruba for 11 years and gave us the same suggestions.  On the flip side I have been to AI's in Mexico and the DR and I thought it was totally worth it in those locations due to the fact we didn't really leave the resort.  Really depends on how much exploring you are wanting to do and what your comfort level is.  As PP said look at trip advisor and we used AAA in PA for our TA and have had a good experience so far.   
    GL!
  • Options
    also, try talking to a travel agent and see what they recommend.  i used jennifer at vip travel who was so nice (and free!) and answered all of my questions about AI resorts (and specifically AIs in Aruba).  good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info and tips! I've heard people say good things about Jennifer before.  We have met with a local TA, but I am a bit worried she's biased to certain places.  Will do more research...thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing Sandals which is all inclusive. We have been to a Beaches before which is a sister resort to Sandals (all inclusive) and it was wonderful. You literally don't have to pay for anything - meals, drinks, tips, etc. We like the idea of this because then you are not too overwhelmed with having to have extra money on the HM. Sandals always has tons of resturants and if there are multiple resorts in the same area/ island, you can jump between them for the day free of charge.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I don’t have a good site for you, but I can recommend one resort chain that I always have luck with and that is Secrets Resorts. Secrets just recently opened a new resort called Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic. It’s an absolutely gorgeous adult’s only resort, and the perfect place to relax. The staff really makes your vacation hassle-free and the food is delicious. I think the reason I like Secrets so much is because I never feel as if I am pressed for time. If I don’t make it to breakfast or dinner, it’s no big deal because the resort offers 24-hour room service for no additional charge. There is also always something to do at Secrets from daytime activities to nighttime shows. I definitely think you should look into this resort! Good luck with your decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards