Offbeat Weddings
Options

Picnic Wedding?

We Just got Engaged! My fiancee and I are extremely tight on cash and paying for the wedding ourselves. We want out wedding to reflect us and as we are both a little off beat I am really excited I found this board!!! :) I was toying with the idea of having a picnic style wedding but I really want to make sure it is beautiful and classy. Ideas?

Re: Picnic Wedding?

• Options
    I am doing a picnic wedding this June and I am super excited. We also don't have a lot of money. For food we are doing small rolls and bbqing sliders and friends are making bbq shredded pork, cut up fruit, chips & salsa, potato chips, potato salad and a chocolate fountain.  We are using old coke bottles as flower vases, a red wheelbarrow as the soda cooler and then glass containers for water and lemonade. I am kind of adding a vintage 50's theme to it, just a touch. We are having it in a neighbors back yard and want to incorporate some games for the kids like croquet, have a football and since my fiance is into poker I am going to have some personally monogrammed playing cards on each table for people to play. I am making a bunch of paper pom poms to hang around the yard. Hoping the whole thing (minus dress & rings) will cost around $1000. Colors are Red & Yellow with white, navy and a dark lime green accent. Super excited to just hang out with friends and family and have fun!!!

I have some great ideas on my Pinterest page...http://pinterest.com/meemers73/wedding/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards