Texas-Austin
Options

Wedding Vendors

We are getting married on 4-21-2012. We got engaged in March but I've been sick for the last five months. Thankfully, we picked a date and venue out before hand. I'm behind in everything else. We are getting married at Creekside in Driftwood. I was hoping my fellow Brides could give me recomendations for the following:

1. Photographer
2. Mariachi Band
3. Flowers

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Wedding Vendors

• Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can only help with the photographer.
    Melanie from She-n-He Photography &  Design in Austin is fantastic. I can'r sing her praises enough!
    www.she-n-he.com/" target="_blank">
    http://www.she-n-he.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. I will be looking them up to see if they are available for our date. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mariachi Estrella--we just had them for our wedding a few weeks ago.  They are awesome!  Very professional.  Good luck:)
    Mr. & Mrs. Marquez livin' happily ever after--11/26/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011

\We did the flowers (silks) from Micheal's, but our church flowers we got from HEB. Our church usually uses Freytags for flowers, but we diden't know that till right before the wedding LOL.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Los Romanceros for your mariachi band.  We use them every year for a huge event my boss throws in April.  If you want details, let me know and I can give you a way to contact me.  

As for flowers, we are using The Last Petal and Melanie is the owner.  Amazing lady, great vision, easy to work with.  

Our main photographer is a personal friend of mine from Cali but we also have the photographers who did our e-pics reserved for our wedding.  The Sweet Life is the company, Will Gallagher and Tara Pottichen - they are amazing!!  HTH
  • Options
    We used Aimage Photography (Lisa Shepard) whose photos were great. 

For flowers, we used Donna Foster with Central Market Florist.  Excellent flower arrangements, extremely good prices.

Hope you're feeling better !!
  • Options
    We are using Just'in Bloom in round rock and so far have been very pleased. Good luck!
  • Options
    AL Collective Photography is amazing - they came together after leaving two very high profile photogrpahy studios in Austin and they're amazing! They've already done our engagement pictures and they're so easy to work with :)

As for florists, I just met with Wendee from Unexpected Elements today and she's a gem... such awesome ideas and so eager to help wherever she can. Such a relief after the high quotes and stuffy attitude I got from other florists!

Good luck in planning your wedding... if you've got the venue and date down already, you'll be fine :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Al Gawlik photography, very resonably priced and great to work with it and Arthouse floral for the flowers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    On Photographer - Here are some great ones in Austin:

Inked FIngers Photography
    Eric Hegwer Photography
    Illuminate Photography
    Daniel C Photography

On the florist, I would call Carly at Margot Blair Floral (www.margotblairfloral.com). She works with all budgets and always does a fabulous job for our brides.

You can let any of these folks know that Cheryl at Yellow Umbrella Events told you about them.

Good luck!

-Cheryl

www.yellowumbrellaevents.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards