Snarky Brides

Does anyone use Birchbox?

This might be a bit of a P&R  but I'd love to hear from those of you who use Birchbox. Do you like it/dislike it? Why? I'm thinking of trying it since I'll be on a budget over the summer and it could be an easy way to try new stuff and fill my product craving.

(for those who don't know, it's a monthly subscription service that sends products and product samples to you).

Re: Does anyone use Birchbox?

• I don't, but I know someone who does.  She gets irritated because she has another friend that uses it, and friend will get stuff, and she'll get excited for something but then it's not in her box.

Other than that, she loves it.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Hmm, that's what I was wondering about. This girl I love on Youtube always shares her box (hehe), but I know everyone gets something different, so I'm not sure if I want to make the jump. On the other hand, I hate shelling out full price for products I end up disliking.
  • Don't they send you stuff based on what you tell them you like though?  So that's kind of cool.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I do Birchbox and Glam Bag.  I like them both.  I think they send products based on your profile and preferences.  I use almost everything each month (or give it to my daughters).  There have been a few products that I am considering purchasing; most are just fun to try.  Glam Bag tends to have larger size samples than Birchbox.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • From what I understand, you make a profile and they use that to kind of curate some samples for you. I think some things are generic and all the boxes have them. But the available products are limited, so the customized box I would get would probably be the same as a bunch of other people, I guess.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_does-anyone-use-birchbox?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:8c240e87-c1f9-4ce7-ba11-c19b0981be89Post:ea9d92e3-7a93-4dab-815f-36f0911e5db7">Re: Does anyone use Birchbox?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do Birchbox and Glam Bag.  I like them both.  I think they send products based on your profile and preferences.  I use almost everything each month (or give it to my daughters).  There have been a few products that I am considering purchasing; most are just fun to try.  <strong>Glam Bag tends to have larger size samples than Birchbox</strong>.
    Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]
    Is Glam Bag the MyGlam by Michelle Phan? I keep seeing bad reviews of that one (i.e. no samples, mainly pamphlets, etc), but I don't know waht the people were expecting, so I can't tell how valid their reviews are. The bags they come in look really cute.
  • I think a lot of the posters on F&B have Birchbox. You might want to ask there or search some post. I've seen some post about it.

• marateamaratea member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I did both Birchbox and My Glam for a while. MG was crap. I stopped after 2 bags. BB was pretty good but I found I wasnt using the products enough to justify the cost. But the stuff that came in it was nice.
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I got BB as a Christmas gift.  I love it.  I don't like to spend a crap ton of money on beauty products that I have never tried.  This works well.  I did not know they sent different things to different people.  I have always liked what I have gotten.  Plus, you can write reviews or invite friends to join and get  points for free full size products.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • I get Birchbox.  I think it's pretty fun, just to get a little surprise package every month.  A friend of mine also gets it, and sometimes we get different stuff, but that kind of works out good because then we can share and trade if we get something we think the other would like.  Sometimes there's random stuff, like last month I got a couple of laundry detergent pods... but usually it's pretty good.  A lot of perfume samples, if that's your thing...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards