Alaska

Reception spots in Anchorage?

I'm trying to find a reception place in Anchorage with a nice view in the winter time.  We are thinking the Tanglewood lake golf course off the frontage road, or Omally on the green.  Any other ideas?

Re: Reception spots in Anchorage?

• edited December 2011
    We're getting marrid in summer but are looking at places now. Kincaid Park Chalet and Bayshore Clubhouse are both beautiful right now
  • edited December 2011
    I've been looking at Alyeska for a Winter Wedding? They have a few different spots for the recepetion. All of them Gorgeous!
  • edited December 2011
    I am not getting married but I am a wedding photographer here and I would also recommend the Captain Cook, the chalet at the top of Arctic Valley, or actually the train depot by the airport. Depends on what kind of a view you are looking for. The Captain cook, if you are in a room on the inlet side, has some stunning sunset views. On a clear day you can see the Denali mountain range as well. The chalet at the top of Arctic Valley has stunning mountain views in the summer but I'm not sure if they are open for winter weddings. Something to check though because you really do get a 360 degree mountain view. In the winter the train depot by the airport actually has a nice view. I was surprised when I went to a wedding there. :) The lights of everything else sparkle in the dark and you can get a bit of an inlet, denali mountain range view depending on the time of day, etc. Remember to check sunrise and sunset times! Paying for a place with a view won't be worth it if your reception starts at 5pm and it is already getting dark. HTH.
  • ktmb34ktmb34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just letting you know, the train depot's don't rent out anymore.
  • edited December 2011
    If you have access to Elmendorf or Fort Richardson, there is some pretty areas there to do a reception outside.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards