Florida-South Florida
Options

DIY Guide:: Turn your poster into a canvas

Ok girls, I really wanted to share this with you because I know a lot of us may have some sort of blown up photo somewhere. I found a (VERY easy) DIY guide online on how to take a poster and give it more of a canvas type feel and it's super super easy.

Here's what you need!
-Your poster
-Your frame
-A cardboard back (same size as your poster)
-Mod Podge (there are different kinds. I used gloss)
-1 brush (bristle or sponge, I used bristle but I kinda wish I used sponge because some of the bristles came off while I was using it)

1. I had this photo turned into a 20x24 poster on winkflash.com

2. When I got it in the mail, it was a little bigger than 20x24 because it had a white border. I took it to kinkos and had them cut it down. (You can also use their self cutter if you're bold and want to cut it yourself)

3. After flattening it out a bit, get your table ready for some messiness. I put some papers down so I wouldn't get any glue on the table. Now, use the Mod Podge and glue the cardboard to the back of your poster. I used the cardboard that came with the frame.

4. After the glue is done drying, get ready to do the fun part! Brush the Mod Podge onto the poster. Don't freak out, it goes on white, but dries clear.

No turning back now so have fun with it!
Go in all sorts of directions...

side note:: If you're using a bristled brush, use tweezers to pull out the strays. (this made me wish I bought a sponge brush)

5. Let the Mod Podge dry, and then brush it on again.
(I did a total of 3 layers)

Now your poster doesn't look like a poster anymore! Check out the texture on my final product!

I don't think i'll even put the glass front on the frame, just so the texture can be seen better! :)

I really hope this helps someone out! :) Have a great weekend girls!

Re: DIY Guide:: Turn your poster into a canvas

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards