Nevada-Las Vegas

How many ppl stayed at your hotel?

Hi, ladies and gent :)

Of the people that came to your wedding, about how many stayed at the same hotel as you? 

I need to get on the room blocking...

Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel?

• wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We did room blocks at 2 different hotels and most of our guests (80%) are actually staying other places. 
  • edited December 2011
    85% stayed at MB or The Hotel (on the same property). We got married at MB.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_many-ppl-stayed-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ab4fb60f-560e-4e8a-86ab-62d553957011Post:986aa2da-b945-4d3c-b12b-d972c228bb03">Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We did room blocks at 2 different hotels and most of our guests (80%) are actually staying other places. 
    Posted by wallacje[/QUOTE]

Oh, wow!  That's a much higher number than I anticipated.  I was thinking more like 80% would stay with you...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_many-ppl-stayed-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ab4fb60f-560e-4e8a-86ab-62d553957011Post:a5b480c0-fdac-4390-a7d4-b8112d3f7029">Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]85% stayed at MB or The Hotel (on the same property). We got married at MB.
    Posted by dvohnout[/QUOTE]

Thank you! :)
  • wallacjewallacje member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_many-ppl-stayed-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ab4fb60f-560e-4e8a-86ab-62d553957011Post:abfd783f-34af-4ad1-9b4d-409e4d109635">Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel? : Oh, wow!  That's a much higher number than I anticipated.  I was thinking more like 80% would stay with you...
    Posted by nycheryl[/QUOTE]

The hotel we are staying at is off the strip, which you have to take that into consideration.  If we were staying on the strip a lot more would be staying with us.
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're staying downtown and we blocked 30 rooms for Friday and Saturday and 20 for Thursday and Sunday.

I am pretty sure that I will have 100% staying with us.  In fact, I may need to increase my room block.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• edited December 2011
    Not a huge amount of guests have told us but enough to make me guess about 75% of our guests are staying at Luxor and 25% at MB since Luxor was about a third of the price for those that booked early and is still half the price with the coupons we've posted for everyone.  We did tell them to book the tower rooms and not the pyramid rooms if possible though so hopefully they won't be disappointed.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we have 15 rooms booked at the Vdara and 60 people total coming to our DW.  ONly a few people didn't book at the Vdara with us...
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 86 guests and I think we had 32 rooms booked for Thursday & Friday.
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• edited December 2011
    None. Everyone stayed at Luxor, Excalibur or a time share. We were at MB.
    2011-2012 Races
    10/29/11 LA RockNRoll Min Half (5K) 42:58
    12/4/11 Vegas RockNRoll Half 3:14:53
    1/7/12 WDW Half 3:13:42
    1/15/12 RnR AZ 2:55:27 (PR!!)
    1/29/12 Tinkerbell 1/2 3:22:37 (To many picture stops!lol)
    Me:32 DH:33
    IFV w/ DE Only Option (On Hold For Now)
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe 5 people are booked at MB.  Heck, we didn't even use our own block.  We got a better rate on orbitz.

I thought it was a good idea to give options with added pressure from bridesmaid, but really everyone is just doing their own thing.  It didn't cost me anything, and wa easy to set up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone who is coming (we are inviting 82 people but at this stage onlt about 24 people are planning to attend) have indicated they will be staying where we are. We didn't do a room block because the rates were cheaper online and the hotel wouldn't match so there loss!
  • edited December 2011

95% stayed at Mandalay, The Hotel, or Luxor.  Our ceremony and reception was at Mandalay.  We didn't do a room block.  Just offered guests coupon codes and deals as we found them as well as used The Travel Company for our less computer savvy family members. 

• edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!

I was just looking at Tropicana pictures from tripadvisor... holy CRAP they updated that hotel!  I'm sort of shocked!  I was going to do MB, MGM, and NYNY, but I might swap out NYNY for Tropicana.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g45963-d97730-Reviews-Tropicana_Las_Vegas-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html
  • edited December 2011
    we stayed at The Flamingo for the first two nights, and Caesars for the last 2 nights.  i highly reccomend staying at only one property - and it being your ceremony property (if applicable).  we kinda kicked ourselves for 'saving money'.

90% of our guest list stayed at The Flamingo. 
    one other couple stayed at Caesars.

our wedding was at Caesars.

and room blocks, IMO, are not necessary in Vegas...at all.  checking in and giving $20 to the front desk, or calling randomly and asking for discounts helped our guests get the best rates.
  • edited December 2011

After the hint about a room block from Smokey about our March 15th date being March Madness, I had a minor heart attack when I looked at the hotel we are considering staying at (bally's) and saw that march was "sold out". That didn't sound right so soon, so I called and they said we can't set up a room block until June...  Definitely calling June 1st. Going to be a long month!

• edited December 2011
    My wedding and reception are both at the Tropicana and out of my 50 guests, only 4 are staying elsewhere.  Almost all of our guests are couples so we did a block of 25.  They gave us a great rate that matched my AAA rate 6 months ago and no booking fee.  I choose the Tropicana because of the new remodel and it looks great!  Sort of nervous though because I think I'm the only knottie getting married there!! Havent found anyone else.... But i do have to say they have been great to work with so far!  Only 38 days left!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    opps... meant no resort fee... not no booking fee.  Sorry :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_many-ppl-stayed-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:ab4fb60f-560e-4e8a-86ab-62d553957011Post:4659b1e3-3c6f-40c4-92d2-23e09968c142">Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]opps... meant no resort fee... not no booking fee.  Sorry :)
    Posted by gilznjennz[/QUOTE]

Resort fees piss me off; Mandalays really sucks, it's $20/day now, and it doesn't even include the fitness center.  I spent $4500+ booking the rooms for our entire wedding party and they wouldn't waive it.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• bcschumanbcschuman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at MB... blocked rooms there and at Luxor.  I think half of our guests are staying at the MB and the others are among Excalibur and Luxor.  Those who are staying at MB did not necessarily use the room block because they were able to find deals better then I was able to block at HOWEVER it did come in handy the last month or so because the weekend we are getting married (next weekend) is the Billboard Music Awards and the rooms at the MB are ridiculous in cost so those guests who booked later were able to get it cheaper becuase of our block.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_many-ppl-stayed-hotel?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:91Discussion:ab4fb60f-560e-4e8a-86ab-62d553957011Post:8e9161f5-da02-49f5-acdf-a282b10330d2">Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How many ppl stayed at your hotel? : Resort fees piss me off; Mandalays really sucks, it's $20/day now, and it doesn't even include the fitness center.  I spent $4500+ booking the rooms for our entire wedding party and they wouldn't waive it.
    Posted by vegasgroom[/QUOTE]

Yes resort fees are crappy!!  They might of just add it to the price of the hotel!  Tropicana was able to waive it for me and my guests :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mu55inmu55in member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hi I may be being stupid but whats a room block? Will they hold rooms for you should your guests wish to book? I am coming from the UK so this would be great for me....all advice is appreciated!
  • smokeybaileysmokeybailey member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Golden Nugget and I did a room block there.  Basically, they set aside a certain amount of rooms a particular rate.  I have 30 rooms in my block.  So since Feburary, I have had a block of rooms at a rate that does not change.  Now, discounted rates do come up.  For example, I received an email for rates the same as my block, but they have to be booked by 05/16 to ensure the rate and it's non-refundable.  My rate is good until July 26.  Since I am off strip and staying at what is arguably one of the best hotels downtown, I would say that 98% of my guests will stay with us.  Room blocks at most hotels don't cost anything so the question is why wouldn't you do it?  Secure some rooms at a good rate that stays a good rate.  For my hotel, I haven't found a deal yet that beats my rate.
    Bi-oh-rama
    Now with more wedded bliss.

I don't get married often, but when I do, I do it in Las Vegas.

"Lvharpy could be your AE." - direy25
    "smokeybailey is the one shining beacon of light in this steaming turd of a thread." - daffodil_jill
    "The almighty smokeybailey has spoken." - some bitch on the Las Vegas board

• mu55inmu55in member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Thats brilliant thank you I will definatley consider doing that have a long way to go yet but when I can I will def do a room block
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards