North Carolina-Outer Banks
Options

Catering Numbers

Are you guys giving your caterer the exact number of guests, or a little less, since left overs are always safe to anticipate?

Newlyweds- how much extra did you find you had?  A waste of money's worth, or perfect for what you told them?

SInce we're leaving the next day, I don't want too many leftovers and it will obviously save us money if we do a few people less.  (56= current count, 2-4 are maybes still.....damn these people and planning/RSVPs!)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Catering Numbers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We told our caterer 40 ppl. It may end up we have a few less but we aren't leaving the next day, so leftovers are okay by me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Toni, you only have a month left?! Yay!!! How exciting :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave them an exact count 7 days before.  It was pretty exact, but one guest had to leave early for a family issue and didn't eat dinner.  We had lots of leftovers, but we also had a tapas buffet dinner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We gave our caterer an exact count.  I think it is only fair to give them your head count. Your caterer is only making extra to make sure all your guests are satisfied and no one is hungry.  And what if there is not enough food?  I would just plain on all your yes's. 

• Options
    ksj10032782ksj10032782 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most caterers plan for a certain amount over what you give them for your total, for exact amounts, you can confirm with them. But it's typically between 1-2 people, so you'll really want to give them your exact numbers, rather than chance it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with the exact amount. We let her know ahead of time how many small children there were, and they are free, so thats good enough for me (I'd be pretty mad if they were counting chairs, even though I gave a chair to a 3 month old!)
  • Options
    tcigaltcigal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alright thanks guys!  I know, I'd be so afraid there wouldnt be enough...even though she said to bring tupperware because there's always leftovers.  She's been great, so I'll speak with her and give her our exact head count and see if she wants to plan for a little less people.  I'm sure they know what they're doing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards