Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Sand Ceremony - music to play with it or reading?

We are already having my best friend read the Irish Wedding Blessing and just had an idea of having a ceremony to include my two boys (6&8), my FI and myself...I don't think I want music played during the sand ceremony because I think it would go too long - we really wanted a simple wedding but adding the Irish Blessing and the sand ceremony will take up a couple more minutes (which is no big deal)...would it be crazy to have my MOH read the blessing while we are completing our sand ceremony?  Sorry if this was in any way confusing - I'm thinking while I'm typing :) LOL Thanks ladies! Also, do we need to include our moms in the ceremony - they can add their own colors at the bottom as a foundation - and the rest of us add our colors at the top as a family? Just curious to see what everyone else has done. Thanks!

Re: Sand Ceremony - music to play with it or reading?

• Options
    If you have a reading during the ceremony, it will detract from the meaning of the ceremony. My DH and I had one and it took literally a minute, and while we were pouring the sand the minister explained the significance of each. There would have been no time for a reading.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ok thanks :)
  • Options
    Might want to play the "Sand Ceremony Song" by Spencer Durham.   We use it all the time at our venue.  It is a little over two minutes long so it works great.  
    Check out http://www.sandceremonysongs.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards