North Carolina-Outer Banks

Signature Cocktails

Are any of you having a signature cocktail? If you're now a Mrs (or Mr) - did you have one? If so, any suggestions?

Re: Signature Cocktails

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We're thinking about serving homemade sangria during our cocktail hour so we can reserve the liquor stash for the actual reception. There are recipes all over the internet and you can make it in large batches and reserve them in the fridge. Get a pretty punch bowl and allow guests to serve themselves. I like homemade sangria because you can control how much alcohol is in it! I like to add fruit to the punch bowl too - orange slices, apple and pear slices, some grapes and strawberries. The fruit soaks up some of the alcohol and tastes DELICIOUS!
  • We did two signature cocktails. One for the bride and one for the groom. The bartender pre-made and mixed them so that they were ready to go when people wanted them. They were a big hit and we gave them cute little names. Mine was the purple bird-and it was pineapple juice, coconut rum, curacao and it was delish! 
  • Oooo... both of those ideas sound great, girls!

CourtaniaLynn - what's in your sangria?

Summerstar- your cocktail sounds delish! What was the groom cocktail?
  • He had something called a Bear trap-It was just Crown Royal and Mountain Dew. Which sounds scary to me but apparently it is tasty and easy to make :)
  • We're doing 4 signature cocktails for the cocktail hour. Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_registry-obsession-fiestaware?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:11c82919-15f4-4672-ac59-3d824bc4bc28Post:111432ea-4180-4591-85c7-1af5f22434cf">Re: Signature Cocktails</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're doing 4 signature cocktails for the cocktail hour. Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.
    Posted by Lcam510[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>What a great idea... what will the drinks be for those? Are those names already names of drinks, or will you be creating drinks to match?</div>
  • We just sort of picked drinks.

Something Old - Gin and Tonic

Something New - Arnold Palmer with a Kick (Sweet Tea Vodka with lemonaid)

Something Borrwed - Pomegranate Peach Bellini (from one of our favorite restaurants)

Something Blue - Deep Blue Sea Martini ( we just found a blue drink online).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jendem8jendem8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Ohhh, pomegranate peach bellinis... yum!

I think we're doing sangria.  I'm still working out the details.
    image June 22, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards