Canada-Ontario
Options

Caterers in Toronto

Am looking to hear from other brides who know about caterers in Toronto/GTA.... 

Please post the types of food (examples?), price (please!)....

Thanking you so much!!!

Amber

Re: Caterers in Toronto

• Options
    Hi Amber,

What kind of food are you looking for?  What's your budget?  Where are you having your reception?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_caterers-in-toronto?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:a4231ebf-f7cc-4367-9f38-c5582f24bbfePost:96c8d42d-164e-4705-a653-4adeb39faab8">Re: Caterers in Toronto</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Amber, What kind of food are you looking for?  What's your budget?  Where are you having your reception?
    Posted by Jewel224[/QUOTE]

<div>Hi Jewel,</div><div>
    </div><div>My fiance is Portuguese and I'd like to have a soup/salad, main, then a dessert buffet as well as wedding cake. I'd love to do the traditional seafood buffet but the $$$ scares me:)</div><div>
    </div><div>I am looking at St. Lawrence Hall in Toronto, ON to have my reception (I'm very anti-banquet hall for reasons we can share at another time) and my budget is "the smaller the better". :)</div>
  • Options

before I booked my venue (Arts and Letters Club) I was shopping around for a caterer and was quoted on average about $115-$150  a person- thank the flying spaghetti monster my venue does in house catering at a much cheaper (about $60 a head) price.

good luck on your search!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_caterers-in-toronto?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:a4231ebf-f7cc-4367-9f38-c5582f24bbfePost:a7ac3588-e260-4aab-bd56-a64f89536340">Re: Caterers in Toronto</a>:
    [QUOTE]before I booked my venue (Arts and Letters Club) I was shopping around for a caterer and <strong>was quoted on average about $115-$150  a person</strong>- thank the flying spaghetti monster my venue does in house catering at a much cheaper (about $60 a head) price. good luck on your search!
    Posted by souptin[/QUOTE]
    In general this was the pricing range we got as well.  The lowest I think was $90 pp, the highest was $185.  That included soup, salad, main, dessert, 7-hour bar, late night hot dogs and desserts and fruit, all tables/linens/chairs and all service and tip.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_caterers-in-toronto?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:a4231ebf-f7cc-4367-9f38-c5582f24bbfePost:5fd8b00b-bfe6-4256-93a5-56508775e04a">Re: Caterers in Toronto</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caterers in Toronto : Hi Jewel, My fiance is Portuguese and I'd like to have a soup/salad, main, then a dessert buffet as well as wedding cake. I'd love to do the traditional seafood buffet but the $$$ scares me:) I am looking at St. Lawrence Hall in Toronto, ON to have my reception (I'm very anti-banquet hall for reasons we can share at another time) and my budget is "the smaller the better". :)
    Posted by ambersthebride[/QUOTE]

Well, you certainly lucked out if you`re looking at the SLH.  Beautiful venue and you`ll be able to bring in any caterer you choose.  How many people are you looking to have and what is your budget?  You will be able to save some money because I believe you can bring your own alcohol there, but you will have to buy the permits and any licensing for it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_caterers-in-toronto?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:a4231ebf-f7cc-4367-9f38-c5582f24bbfePost:9ffbc9b9-fd2f-4075-accb-f94f36b2dca3">Re: Caterers in Toronto</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caterers in Toronto : Well, you certainly lucked out if you`re looking at the SLH.  Beautiful venue and you`ll be able to bring in any caterer you choose.  How many people are you looking to have and what is your budget?  You will be able to save some money because I believe you can bring your own alcohol there, but you will have to buy the permits and any licensing for it.
    Posted by Jewel224[/QUOTE]

<div>This is what I love about SLH.  I can bring in my own food and if I can find a bartender, I am able to more bring in booze for less money from the states more easily now that they just changed the laws.</div><div>The SLH only fits 150 people for dinner or 200 for just dancing so I would do the 150 (I got them to agree to 160)</div><div>The permits are the other thing about SLH but not a huge deal since I'd be saving money renting out the city owned building. </div><div>I dislike banquet halls (but am still going to LOOK at a couple just to compare, dislike because they are so cliche to me, can't usually bring in your own caterers, and many complain about the food... I'm stubborn I know..</div><div>
    </div><div>I'm HOPING to spend around 50-80 a head for food/booze... is this possible???</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_caterers-in-toronto?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:a4231ebf-f7cc-4367-9f38-c5582f24bbfePost:20054a40-4a3e-4f69-8808-c266cc181122">Re: Caterers in Toronto</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Caterers in Toronto : This is what I love about SLH.  I can bring in my own food and if I can find a bartender, I am able to more bring in booze for less money from the states more easily now that they just changed the laws. The SLH only fits 150 people for dinner or 200 for just dancing so I would do the 150 (I got them to agree to 160) The permits are the other thing about SLH but not a huge deal since I'd be saving money renting out the city owned building.  I dislike banquet halls (but am still going to LOOK at a couple just to compare, dislike because they are so cliche to me, can't usually bring in your own caterers, and many complain about the food... I'm stubborn I know.. I'm HOPING to spend around 50-80 a head for food/booze... is this possible???
    Posted by ambersthebride[/QUOTE]

Hmm - I've heard of food being $50/head, not sure if I'd include alcohol with that.  I'll take a look and see what I find.

Secondly, you may want to rethink adding 10 more people to the venue's max of 150.  Only reason I say this is that the venue can only accommodate 'x' amount of tables with 'x' amount of people per table.   You also don't want your guests to be cramped or feeling like they're sardines in a can. Just keep that in mind.  :)

I'll see what I can find caterer-wise for you.  I would also suggest rethinking the alcohol from the US.  Better to buy it here because whatever you don't use that day can be returned to the LCBO. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards