Oregon

Oregon Coast Wedding and Reception Help!

My fiance and I would love to get married on the Oregon Coast. We were looking at renting a vacation home for a weekend so family could stay and relax. Our budget is for under $2,000 for ceremony and reception site. We would like a quiet area with a semi-decent sized backyard looking at the beach or direct beach access. Anywhere from Newport to Seaside. Any house or B&B, hotel, restraunt recommendations? Anything helps! Also if you have catering recommendations that'd be great!

Re: Oregon Coast Wedding and Reception Help!

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I would love to get married on the Oregon Coast. We were looking at renting a vacation home for a weekend so family could stay and relax. Our budget is for under $2,000 for ceremony and reception site. We would like a quiet area with a semi-decent sized backyard looking at the beach or direct beach access. Anywhere from Newport to Seaside. Any house or B&B, hotel, restraunt recommendations? Anything helps! Also if you have catering recommendations that'd be great!
  • utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Post this on your local board on the left. They are from the area and would help you better than us.
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh sounds lovely!  I am in Utah so I cannot help, but I do know there are TONS of state parks along the coast.  Try those too!
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely try the Oregon local board - I posted there for recommendations a while ago and got a lot of helpful responses.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thecatergatorthecatergator member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always recommend Pelican Pub and Brewery in Pacific City, OR for Oregon beach weddings.  This would be great for a small wedding/ceremony.  The windows look out from a large reception room out over a sandy area on a bluff (the ceremony site,) then out to the ocean where you can see Haystack Rock.  Yes Haystack Rock, Pacific City has it's own Haystack Rock, not Cannon Beach.  There is a property rental company as soon as you pull into town just to the west of the only flashing intersection light in town.  I would check with them for house rentals.

We always take our summer vacation there for at least 3 days.  We like the small beachy feel of the town.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone for your advice! I talked to my fiance about The Pelican's Pub he did not like their food so they are out of the picture because you have to use them for catering. We will check out that rental company and see if they can help though! Thank you!
  • edited December 2011
    Try looking at the McMenamin's Sandtrap in Gearhart (moments N of Seaside). You do not see the beach (a block away) but it overlooks a beautiful golfcourse. It has a food/beverage minimum of 5k (we looked at a Saturday in August) but that would give you the room and outdoor area, food, drink, tables, basic linens and chairs. It has been a while since I looked at my material so I'm not sure if more is included. I could email you photos from my visit if you are interested.
  • orangecurlsorangecurls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Heceta Head Lighthouse is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.  I have no idea what the cost is though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards