Honeymoon Discussions

Anyone been to Aruba?

Hello -
Has anyone been to Aruba? If you have, I need help with the following:
* What are some fun things to do?
* Can you recommend any restaurants that aren't too pricey?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Anyone been to Aruba?

• YESSS I have been to ARUBA and its the most beautiful place ever!!!  I have been to alot of other islands but ARUBA beats everyone because the weather is great EVERY DAY its about 85 and HOTTT and the water is 80, they are also below the hurricane belt.     its not as private i guess as some other islands but the people are so nice, the food is great, the beaches are BEAUTIFUL. THE WATER IS SOO CLEAR its beautiful!!!!  Aruba tends to be a little more money then other islands I have found but its wonderful. They say that its getting to be more younger crowd there drinking and partying but when i went everyone was on there HONEYMOON. its just a special place.   i stayed at the Marriott and it was awesome i would go back in a heartbeat!!! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_anyone-aruba?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:81450d78-7c7f-4da0-a43e-f4b9baf80616Post:f5aab605-7c28-46c1-8b85-3c84e881f13f">Re: Anyone been to Aruba?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes I've been. It's my 2nd least favorite island. My fave is it's sister island, Curacao. So much more character, individual feel to the island instead of USHM central. Aruba was small, the beaches were lovely, but it just didn't do it for me.
    Posted by alithebride[/QUOTE]

i totally agree with this...Aruba was...ok. Curacao was so much better, and St. Maarten and St. Thomas were both really nice as well...Grand Caymen was pretty nice also.

Aruba was really windy and the restaurants on the beach were really really expensive...I'm talking $10 for a rum punch. maybe we just didnt get to see too much of it. The downtown area was really cute though.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aruba for me was better than the bahamas, belize, grand cayman, cancun, dominican republic, costa maya, and cozumel.  It is by far my favorite island that I've been to!! Highly recommend it!!!!
     Best restaurants:
    #1: madame janette
    #2marandi
    #3: flying fishbone
    #4 ruinas del mar (inside the hyatt- where we stayed. it was an absolutely wonderful, gorgeous hotel and the restaurant was great too)
    #5 (and not expensive at all!) Marnee Thai - the best thai food i've ever had!

Definitely go on an all-day snorkeling trip.  So much fun!  Also, you must go on a Jeep tour of the entire island, you don't want to miss it.  There's a lot off the beaten path to see.  You can rent a Jeep and do it yourself (for the more adventurous types) or go on a guided tour.  You won't want to miss the Natural Pool- you off-road up and down a mountainside, but it's worth it! It's so beautiful.

There's a night time party cruise called the Tattoo that was a lot of fun. Go out downtown Oranjestad for daytime shopping or nighttime bar-hopping. It's a great downtown area.  HTH! GL!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards