New Mexico

Twin Lens Photography

Hi all,

Does anyone have an estimate on what Twin Lens charges for their wedding packages? I've seen a lot of recommendatins on this site, but none that list pricing. Any help or direction would be much appreciated

Thank you

Re: Twin Lens Photography

• edited December 2011
    I can't find the email they sent me with exact prices, but I remember the quote being several thousand (maybe $4000) for a small package. Beautiful work, but way out of my price range.
  • ventisoylatteventisoylatte member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much! That's what I was guessing their starting price was. If you ever find the email, please let me know. x
  • edited December 2011
    We just requested a quote and it was $4500-$6000. A bit steep for us, but we love their approach and resulting images. If anyone has ideas on a photographer with a similar approach that's a bit less expensive, I'd love to hear about them.
  • ventisoylatteventisoylatte member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did a lot of research and there are a few photographers in NM that specialize in photojournalistic wedding photography. You may want to give Lise Baker, Jane Bernard, Vlad Photo and Robin Parrott a call.
  • edited December 2011

You might try Steve St. John. He worked at the Albuquerque Tribune with Craig and Kitty (owners/photographers of Twin Lens) and is super-talented as well. He might be a little less expensive but no guarantee on that. 

http://weddings.sstjohnphoto.com/index.php/category/a-few-favorites/

• zoeandersonzoeanderson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out Jamie Clifford also, she takes a journalistic approach but is much more affordable.  She is at www.jamieseye.com
  • edited December 2011
    i emailed them recently for package prices and the very cheapest they offered me was $6000 and the digital images that they give you as part of the package are not high resolution (which is atypical) - you have to pay $800 extra for high resolution, and you have to pay $2500 extra for a nice book of your images. thus, if you want something equivalent to a typical wedding package (i.e., 8 hours, with high resolution images, retouching, coffee table book, etc.) you are likely looking at around 8-10K. BUT, they were very nice and if you can afford it they do such lovely work!
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding was earlier this summer and I had researched and talked with several of the photographers mentioned above- Twin Lens included. I ended up going with Eric Cousineau- http://www.ericcousineaublog.com/.

His work is amazing and he is a bit more affordable than Twin Lens. We paid about $3500, but I believe his packages start at about $3000.

Check him out :)
  • You should look into Jones Photo Art.  They are not quite as expensive but really nice photos.  If you are looking to pay less then $2000 and want both photojournalism and wedding story style, check out Spears' Photography.  That is who we are going with.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_hello-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:23b81f3c-85f7-41ce-8d4b-6bcb179f2484Post:cdbdcc81-aa77-4959-bb21-1f9481661a6d">Re: Hello!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hello! : Batsh*t crazy. And the students board I was talking about was a 15 year old who was engaged to a 19 year old and said that the reason they felt compelled to get engaged and plan for the future despite not completely liking each other was that God told them that was what they were supposed to do.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>Bats*** crazy?  Wow.  I've been called a lot of things, but never that before.  Guess there's always a first time for everything.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards