California-San Diego

It's Friday! :)

Hi San Diego ladies, it's finally Friday!! Woo hoo! Does anyone have exciting plans lined up for the weekend? Wedding-related? Non-wedding-related? I am at work right now but hoping to take off a little bit early and head down to the beach with FI and our dog. Our one year-old Yorkie just discovered that she loves the water, and now we can't keep her away! Hehe.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: It's Friday! :)

• So fun!!!! We have two dogs. Our schoodle is finally used to the water. It took him awhile. Our ridgeback mix just discovered swimming last weeked and she can't get enough. It was hard to get it back onto dry land. What beach do you go to? Del Mar is one of our favorites but you can't have dogs off leash there in the summertime so we frequent OB and Fiesta Island most often.

I am taking off early too for the dreaded packing. I HATE HATE HATE packing. We are moving from Carmel Valley to Downtown next Friday. Super excited to be close to excitement! Not excited about the packing and unpacking part. Hence why I have left it as long as possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My dog doesen't like water at all, he hates it :-( He's a Brittany Spaniel mix. This wekeend H and I are going to Identity Festival in SD, it's a electronic music festival, excited to dance my booty off :-) Just ordered our thank you notes last night.
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kay, we usually go to Fiesta Island or OB. Those places can get really crowded though. :( Recently we have been taking her to this little strip of beach near the Catamaran Resort in Mission Bay Park. There are usually only a few people around and only a few other dogs. We have to keep her on the leash most of the time, but it's a fair trade-off in my eyes. 

Wedding related-stuff: On the spur of the moment, we went to look at wedding rings! I wanted to get my engagement ring cleaned, so we decided to stick around for a while and check out the selection. We both found rings that we really liked, but we're going to give it a few days before making the final decision since that was only our first time looking. FI likes a Tungsten with one diamond inset. I found a white gold wtih a few diamonds inset. The salesperson was showing me all of these crazy rings with rows of diamonds that I just didn't like. They were very pretty but not my style. I really like my e-ring and I want my wedding ring to complement it, not compete with it. 

We also created some mock-ups of our save-the-dates, one using our e-pics and another using some pics of the two of us that were taken during FI's family photo sesh last month. Two different photographers. The family pics option would be about $40 cheaper than our e-pics but the photos are not great compared to our e-pics. 

Non-wedding stuff: We saw The Expendables 2 which was pretty entertaining! FI is a big fan of Stallone and Arnold. It was very cool seeing so many big-name action stars together on the big screen. Today we need to go grocery shopping, maybe hit the gym, maybe not. The weather is so nice out that I kind of want a Sunday Funday. :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nice! I've never thought to go over there with them. We let ours off leash to get their energy out. They never run away from us which is great. I think they know how spolied they are. The first time letting them off I told my FI that I would never speak to him again if something happened to them. haha. I worry about our little one a little. He gets nervous around big dogs sometimes and will go and bark in their faces. we have been working on it with him. Sigh.

Wedding Stuff: So exciting about the rings! We went to look at some a few months ago but I'm afraid to buy them too early. I'm not sure I can wait to wear it haha. Where did you go? I think we may just get ours at Robbins Brothers. That's where he got my e-ring and they have a big selection.

We did our save the dates from magnetstreet.com. I highly recommend them. They come in this really nice packaging too. They were really nice. I didn't put pictures of us on ours but I think you can if you want. That's a tough call with the money. What's important to us isn't as important to others haha. I say go with the one you like the most though.

We got all of our engagment pictures back on Friday. Yay! So exciting. There is a great one of us and the dogs that I want to put on canvas. Things are starting to feel real. We have 11 months to go Chels!

Non-wedding: My FI wants to see that movie too. We may go next weekend. We went to the drive in to see TEd and the Campaign to aviod packing. Both were just ok. Ted had some erally funny parts but there was so much hype I expected more. We are almost doen packing THANK GOD. I can't stand packing. Four more days until we move. YAY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went to Robbins Bros. That is where FI got my ring from too. :) I think I have decided on the ring that I want, and I want to go buy it already, but I am also worried that I might start wearing it pre-wedding around like a weirdo. LOL. 

So exciting about your engagement pics!! Where did you get them done? We actually had ours done several months ago, but still have not ordered any prints. We do not have printing rights to the photos, so we can only get them via the photographer (who is not our wedding photographer). His prices are a little expensive, and there are so many great photos that I am having such a hard time choosing which ones to print. 

Best wishes with packing/moving! I hate doing that stuff. I always misplace important things, or break something. Haha. I also have a lot of useless crap in boxes that I never even look through that somehow end up getting hauled from place to place with me. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Robbins Brothers is def the place to go! I would totally wear mine and my FI would yell at me so I have to wait haha. Our photographer, Elle G, did ours. We did them in Del Mar on the beach and some at our house with the dogs. Bummer you don't have the rights to yours. But having to many to pick from is a good problem to have!! Our engagement pictures came free with our package. Moving does stink! Hopefully we will be in this apartment for awhile!!! :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • FInally some people talking on this board! So funny that you guys both went to Robbins Brothers. That's the first place my FI went to look for me and he said it was a nightmare! We live closer to LA so he ended up going to icing on the ring in the diamond district and said they had a way bigger selection and better prices. But the mens bands are so cheap anyway! The Robbin Bros in San Diego might be nicer also.

I also got my STDs from Magent Street, they should be arriving on Thursday! 
    Trying to conceive #1 since January 2013
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Yeah, we are trying to get this board going! :) When and where is your wedding, Krikin? kay and I are date twins - July 19th, 2013!

Robbins Bros. was the first and only place that FI looked at. I have never been to another engagement/wedding ring store other than Robbins Bros. so I guess we have nothing to compare it to. I thought it was fine though! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My date is May 4th, 2013. I'm getting married at my Aunt's house in Valley Center. It's a pretty big propery, the ceremony is going ot be under a really old oak tree.

I acutally went to Robbins Bros to get an idea of what type of ring I liked and thought it was great. I'm not sure what went wrong when my FI went there lol. But either way ended up with a ring I love!

Where are you having your wedding?

My Ovulation Chart
  • Robbins Brothers was the only place my FI went to as well. He said he did a lot of online reserach about rings beforehand so he knew what he wanted. He went there on a Monday early so the store was empty. He said he was there for over two hours and they were so helpful. It was so funny to hear he said in a store that long! But great to hear that it was that important to him.

When I read "icing on the ring" that really made me want a cupcake. haha.

Yay for Magnet Street. They come in a really nice box. I am so happy with mine. Really glad I ordered them from there.

You're ceremony sounds great! I bet those pictures will be awesome. I'm getting married at Scripps Seaside Forum in La Jolla. Can't wait!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Krikin, your ceremony sounds beautiful! Ours is at Sunset Cliffs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haha yes cupcakes sound yummy! I can't wait for the save the dates to get here, did you hand address yours? 

Thanks Chels, Sunset Cliffs looks amazing! We had originally wanted to do something like that but didn't have the budget for it. 

Your venue looks really nice too Kay! So funny you two have the same date and same kind of venue! Looks like you will both have an amazing wedding :)
    My Ovulation Chart
  • I didn't had address them. The etiquette board might yell at me for that one :) I don't know what the "rules" are but I just didn't see them as being that formal. I bought address labels and just printed the address on them :) I'll hand address the invites most likely. I wanted to do calligraphy on them but I don't want to pay a calligrapher. I'm not very good at drawing so I don't have high hopes of being able to figure it out myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yum... cupcakes... :) 

I am probably going to hand-address our STD's - not because I care about etiquette, but because I'd rather take an hour or so to write them all out, rather than struggle with my computer and printer and all of that jazz. I am so not tech-savvy. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards