April 2013 Weddings
Options

Save the Dates

My std's are out! I can't believe how time is flying. I am soooo nervous already. Thinking I am going to need a wedding planner at least for the day of the wedding. Who will check on the decor and get everyone in there in their appropriate places? 
So has anyone gone on the cake tasting as of yet? Guess I will make an apointment next week.
FI is still researching a band or the musician. Pretty much feel this is going to make or break everyone having a good time. I've asked a few for samples of their work in a cd or something and they couldn't produce one so I was leary.
Still no dress for me :( I want my chest covered so it's slim pickings out there. Did you see Matthew McConaughey's brides dress. I loved the chest area just don't know why this so hard to find here!!!! 
Suggestions and opinions are always welcome. Hope life is great for you all with all the planning. FI and I finally finished up our premarital counseling. So we got the green light :) lol. Thank gosh.

Re: Save the Dates

• Options
    Such an exciting time right!! I'm sending out our Save the Dates next weekend!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sounds exciting! I haven't been to a cake tasting yet, and also don't have my dress. Everything will fall into place though! Congrats on finishing the counselling too! That's very cool, did you enjoy it?
  • Options
    We haven't even finished designing our save the date.  FI's mom was a graphic artist so she wanted us to re-do our original design even though we spent a lot of time on it :-/  I guess she knows better than we do but we only see each other once a month or so; we feel like we wasted some precious time together on something that was shot down.  My mom hasn't gotten me addresses yet so I don't know how many to even order yet...

Cake tasting, florist appointment and tasting with the caterer over Labor Day weekend.

• Options
    Can't believe that we are finalizing all these details now!! So exciting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Wow. You're making me feel so behind! haha

We did a cake tasting when we first met with the cake baker, before we even decided on her. Not entirely sure what flavors we're doing, but I think a mix - a diff flavor with each tier or something. Or alternating with just 2 flavors or something.

Haven't even gotten engagement pictures done...and we need those before we can make or send the Save The Date...also need those photos for our photo guest book. :/ It's been so hot so we haven't wanted to do the pictures yet, but I know we have to get a move on soon!!

For the DJs or musicians, maybe they have videos on YouTube! Or even Facebook. I would imagine someone at least has a phone video clip out there! If not, see if you can sneak a peek at one of their events coming up?

For the dress deal, do you like the straight neckline? I don't know the official term haha, but that's what I chose because I don't have much up there, so a sweetheart neckline just wouldn't work. I've got photos in my profile of a few dresses I tried on that have that sort of neckline.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
  • Options
    vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_save-the-dates-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f0b68513-1aad-4e00-a406-01426f504fd0Post:22d919f5-a5b3-4f13-9e4d-be49528894a1">Save the Dates</a>:
    [QUOTE]My std's are out! I can't believe how time is flying. I am soooo nervous already. Thinking I am going to need a wedding planner at least for the day of the wedding. Who will check on the decor and get everyone in there in their appropriate places?  So has anyone gone on the cake tasting as of yet? Guess I will make an apointment next week. FI is still researching a band or the musician. Pretty much feel this is going to make or break everyone having a good time. I've asked a few for samples of their work in a cd or something and they couldn't produce one so I was leary. Still no dress for me :( I want my chest covered so it's slim pickings out there. Did you see Matthew McConaughey's brides dress. I loved the chest area just don't know why this so hard to find here!!!!  Suggestions and opinions are always welcome. Hope life is great for you all with all the planning. FI and I finally finished up our premarital counseling. So we got the green light :) lol. Thank gosh.
    Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]

For your dress, you could probably do a lace over/underlay for your chest. I know they have one at David's Bridal that I tried on. It was like a half shirt that buttoned up the back and it was all lace with long sleeves and you could wear it over or under a strapless dress.
  • Options
    I bought the supplies to make out STDs this weekend, we will be leaving for vacation on Saturday. I plan to let the DIY madness begin when we return from vacation :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

OMG I am so behind. its all coming in to perspective!

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March siggy:THE DRESS
    photo practically_perfect_2_zpsb1ba38c6.jpg
  • Options

Oh my gosh -- I just joined and am totally freaking out after reading your wonderful posts... because we haven't done ANYTHING yet! We are just deciding on our late April date. We'll have lots of out of town guests and I was wondering -- do you think late April will interfere with finals schedules? We're in our 40's and so most of our friends have kids in high school already (some in college, yikes!). Also, we are really limited in funds and we are paying for the whole thing on our own (both our Dad's passed away). Haven't even figured out wedding party -- questions in our heads like: are we too old to do that? everyone's so far away, is it fair to ask them to help from a distance? I have four sibs and FI has one (that is estranged)... how do we include everyone? what should i wear, since we've been together for many years already (and actually had a courthouse wedding earlier)? 
    ANY AND ALL YOUR IDEAS ARE SOOOOO WELCOME :-)  and congrats to all of you! <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards