November 2012 Weddings
Options

Is it totally normal at this point in planning to second guess EVERYTHING?

I thought I had known for years what I wanted my wedding colors to be, what I wanted my wedding to look like. After seeing everyone's great ideas and color choices, really makes me second guess things. In the bridal shop the other day I was SO CLOSE to changing my bridesmaid dress colors completely! I know this happens, my sister changed our dress color three times (went from light pink, to watermelon pink, to dark purple). But changing the color scheme will affect pretty much EVERYTHING I was planning so far... hmph.

I'm sure it will be fine in the end, I'm just stressing myself out anyway.

Did anyone make any radical changes from what they originally had envisioned?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is it totally normal at this point in planning to second guess EVERYTHING?

• Options
    I feel the same way a lot too, but I just have to take a deep breath and trust in myself that I am making the right choices.  At the end of the day, you are marrying your best friend, regardless of color scheme, theme, or anything else....so just concentrate on that.  I'm sure your wedding is going to be amazing :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I have changed my mind (and am still changing my mind) about things. Thankfully what I have changed or am thinking of changing is not going to affect the outcome or look too much.

I did change the color from a light blue to a darker blue but pretty much ctayed in the same color scheme. And I did that very early in the planning prcoess. I also added things I never thought about before or initially didn't want, like a candy buffet. And eliminated things I deem silly now, like an ice sculpture. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I haven't changed colors, but I definetly have ended up with a much more traditional, classic wedding versus what I originally thought I'd want. I'm really happy with everything, but I went from one theme to a totally different one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Options
    i changed colors i think 3 times... my moh was freaking out on me on the day she was suppose to order her dress cuz i tried to change colors again that day :) however... her dress is now ordered... so no more changing... we were going to do coral and lime green.. but have changed to coral, brown, and ivory... our theme is rustic... :)
  • Options
    I am definitely second guessing everything, particularly my colors! My color scheme is a bit non-traditional: burnt orange and chocolate brown, and I'm afraid I won't be able to pull it off (although my coordinator is really excited about it). But beyond that oh my, I'm second guessing my venue (too small?), my food choices (too casual?), and my decision to have a november wedding alltogther! I worry way too much all the time, but for me at least, its about what others will think. I just need to keep reminding myself that all that matters is that my fiance and I are happy, and we have OUR wedding, not anyone elses. 
  • Options
    kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    Haven't ordered BM dresses yet, but always wanted champagne dresses, or a little darker, more of a golden color. But now worried that it's too boring/neutral. Wondering if I should've picked something that will pop more. Although I am having color in the flowers which will pop nicely... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Here is my advise, if you had envisioned how you wanted your wedding and you see something you like (like a new color, or a new flower) then coordinate the new ideas with your original scheme! I'm constantly adding new ideas and colors even!
  • Options
    We were sitting at the caterer yesterday looking at their books of receptions and I had a huge meltdown about my colors. Suddenly I wanted to change to green/black, regardless of all the things we already have in place for navy/ivory. Fi looked at me like I was crazy and finally was able to convince me that everything was fine how it was, was going to look great, and second guessing doesn't help anybody. Had I been by myself I think I might've started making calls though, haha. You're not alone :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. Freaking out about everything. Totally normal. :) I'm glad FI and my MOH have been calm voices of reason through all of this. I can't talk to my mom because then she freaks out and gets me even more freaked out.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I changed colors as well. I had envisioned a latte/mocha brown with burnt orange but as I got closer to picking my flowers I decided to go with the brown and ivory. I am really happy with my decision.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards