Flowers

hydrangea centerpieces......

I'm having a hard time deciding what would look good for the centerpieces. I have an idea of what I want but I would like to know what others might think of it. My wedding colors are purple and silver. But for the centerpieces i was thinking of using white. Purple is more of the main color while silver is just an accent, like fore the BM shoes. I was thinking for the centerpieces having a glass square vase I would alternate layers of purple and white sand and then have the purple hydranges on top with some white  hydrangeas here and there. what do you think of this? Also is it ok to use white in the centerpieces even though silver will be here and there? And if thats what my centerpieces look like what color table clothe should i have? Please help. My fiance and I really like this idea for the centerpieces I would just like to get someone elses opion thanks.

Re: hydrangea centerpieces......

• gamblejl31gamblejl31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you using real hydrangea's?  The reason I ask is because my florist told me that hydrangea's can die really fast if they are not constantly in water.  Using the sand in the vases rather than water for the duration of your reception could cause them to wilt half way through.  Purple tablecloths with the white hydrangeas would look really nice.  You could tie in the silver with chargers, candle holders, even the vase you use for your flowers.
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One friend spray painted cheap column vases with patterns of silver stripes (different vases had different widths to their stripes.    She then filed the vases with babies breath and dark purple stattice (traditionally cheap filler flowers).  These looked great. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_hydrangea-centerpieces-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:b1ba40ac-171d-4118-9745-8ef44ac06b44Post:42cc4604-b868-42b4-abed-efb7b2f695d1">Re: hydrangea centerpieces......</a>:
    [QUOTE]One friend spray painted cheap column vases with patterns of silver stripes (different vases had different widths to their stripes.    She then filed the vases with babies breath and dark purple stattice (traditionally cheap filler flowers).  These looked great. 
    Posted by Magdala9[/QUOTE]

I bet this was gorgeous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards