October 2012 Weddings
Options

Hello again! And a few updates.

I have been so so busy with school here lately and just life basically, it's been absolutely no fun. I have been keeping off of here mostly because I just haven't had time but also because once I get on here it is hard to get off!

I wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone and I miss chatting with you all! I am going to try and make a little time to get on here so I don't feel so out of touch.

A few updates!! We have our second cake tasting tomorrow, which I am pretty excited for. By tomorrow evening I would say we are going to have that checked of the list! Thank goodness! I have three round cake stands that I'll be using and then the rest are sheet cakes. We are splitting it up between carrot and spice cake (spice with apple filling!) and then one big cake will just be white and chocolate and I am kind of contemplating the idea of doing a white chocolate mousse filling for that one. It will depend on the bufget tho. The cakes are going to cost me about 450 for 250 servings, which I thought was very reasonable. Especially considering the comparison to other prices.

I realize I am talking like I have already made my decision, lol... but really, unless this lady tomorrow really impresses us we are going with the first girl we met with. The appointment had already been made tho, so we weren't exactly going to turn down free cake, haha.

Also, holy crap... need to take a look at our guest list because it is ridiculously much larger than I thought it was going to be! Wow.

I think that is about it, not much else on the horizon for now. Just homework!

Re: Hello again! And a few updates.

• Options
    Congrats on the checks and yay for free cake!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats on finishing up the cake check!  

I'm so sad that FI and I are missing out on the cake tastings : (  Our cake is included with our venue, we could get a credit to go someplace else for the cake...but it's not worth it.  I'm sure the cake will be good, plus we have a whole Italian dessert station.

Good luck with school : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    O! The Italian desserts sound good! What are you doing? You could always just go to cake tastings for fun : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards