Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

Food Truck Rentals

Hi- I am getting married in NYC in November 2013. My fiance and I were thinking of having a food truck stationed outside the reception hall after the wedding is over so guests can have a snack when they leave. I've been trying to google food trucks to rent and I can't find anything! Has anyone hired a food truck for their wedding or has some info on this? Thanks!

Re: Food Truck Rentals

• Options
    We thought about doing this in DC. I love the idea1 do you have any favorite food trucks in NYC? We always look for the Waffle Truck (Belgian waffles) when we got ot NYC. They have multiple trucks, so may have one available for private rental.
  • Options
    Not sure about others, but I know that Red Hook Lobster Pound rents out their food truck http://redhooklobster.com/catering/ Mmmmmmmmmmm :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in Los Angeles, so probably not much help, but I recently looked into a food truck.  They wanted a $700 rental fee, plus a minimum on the food.
  • Options
    I would just look up individual food trucks you are interested in having and contacting them directly.  I looked into food truck catering in DC for a work event, and that's what I did.  You might also want to try posting on your local board (on the left) to see if anyone knows about NYC food trucks specifically.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_food-truck-rentals?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:939d91dd-4e01-4377-9fef-3aa7884c339aPost:5996d84f-8071-42d8-863f-ad4f115ef2e4">Re: Food Truck Rentals</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm in Los Angeles, so probably not much help, but I recently looked into a food truck.  They wanted a $700 rental fee, plus a minimum on the food.
    Posted by Peavy[/QUOTE]

I'm also in LA and had considered a food truck for a late night snack. I just researched a few of my favorites. They were anywhere from $500-$1000, which sounded about right to me. Due to time constraints and a few other reasons, we just opted not to do it. But I would love it, for sure!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    That sounds so awesome! I suggest asking the NYC board for more specific ideas on which trucks to hire.   You might also ask your venue's wedding coordinator. 
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Check out afterhoursent.com I live in NY. I don't know what food you want but they're pretty good. Also check out tobofoods.com that's the one I'm hiring for my wedding. I'm paying $1,000 for donuts,muffins,coffee,tea,juices,candy and many other things on the truck. There are pictures on the site and the person I spoke with is very friendly. Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards