California-San Diego
Options

NTC Venue - San Diego, CA

Hi... I'm just wondering if anyone has done their wedding at NTC Promenade in the www.ntcpromenade.org/venue-rental.php#plazas">Luce Court and Legacy Plazas in San Diego? Do you recommend?

Re: NTC Venue - San Diego, CA

• Options
    val.perez1028val.perez1028 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi... I'm just wondering if anyone has done their wedding at NTC Promenade in the www.ntcpromenade.org/venue-rental.php#plazas">Luce Court and Legacy Plazas in San Diego? Do you recommend?
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try posting this on the SD board (located to your left in the blue column under Local Wedding Boards) because this is an international board and you may not get any responses.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MonciaanneMonciaanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and looked at NTC, it is beautiful.  We ended up not going with them because we were having our wedding in October and since everything (for us)would be outside we were going to have to bring in extra items that we had not budgeted for (tents, heaters, etc.).  I would def check it out because they have great spots for you to choose from not just one area, and they have an indoor reception area if you want.  Everyone there was very nice. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We also looked into NTC but also decided against it. The venue is nice because it's outside and the chapel is right there as well. However, we were disappointed with a lot of factors that led us to look elsewhere. 

They have a list of preferred vendors, and if you use anyone else, they charge $1000 extra. They don't have many options, and unless you are willing to pay the $$$$ charges, the caterers were just mediocre, IMO. They have open space, but that's about it. If you use the outside venues, you aren't able to have access to the kitchen, unless the person inside wants to share (not likely.) Also, you need to have your caterer/DJ bring in a generator for electricity which will be running as your background soundtrack and is an additional cost. Another delightful noise factor is the airplanes. Because it's in Pt. Loma, the planes go over every few minutes until late night when they aren't able to fly as much.

Their required beverage company, I will say, was VERY reasonable, but you can use them anywhere. I think they are called EBS or something like that (info is on NTC's site.) Anyway, I would look into places in Balboa park (like the friendship garden) over NTC. 

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards