May 2012 Weddings
Options

MARRIED! PIP

So, I've been back from our honeymoon for about a week now, but I've been adjusting back to the real world and haven't had the time to post. But now, I'm back and better than ever!

The morning of the wedding, I spent 3 hours at Ulta getting my hair and makeup done. By the time we got on the road to the venue, it was already 2 pm - I was 2 hours behind schedule! This, of course, made me a nervous wreck.
Deer in headlights.

After everyone had gotten their dresses on, I looked at my phone and lo and behold, it was 3:30! Time for our no-look first look already!

Once that was done, my nerves had settled slightly...and my stomach growled ferociously. My bridesmaids were a little too preoccupied with themselves and forgot to remind me to eat.

Then it was time to get to the ceremony!! We were right on time, the processional began at 4:05 like I planned.
The wedding was spectacular, everything that I dreamed it would be. Except for some uncooperative plastic snaps on my elegant cap sleeves...

My dad cried, my mom cried, my husband (!) cried...everyone cried but ME! The one person who had been notorious for waterworks for the last month didn't shed a tear! WTF? I even prepared myself with waterproof mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow. Go figure!
My dad, when he first saw me.

My mom, at the start of the reception.

My husband, as our officiant read the Dr. Seuss poem I chose.

And me, scratching an itch. But I'm pretending it's a tear that slipped out :)

The reception was fun, while it lasted. About 80% of my guests left shortly after the cake cutting (around 8 pm), but that was ok because we were all pretty worn out by that time. The rest of us (my parents, the bridal party, and my uncle and his girls) stayed til 10, dancing a little, talking a lot, and putting up decorations.
Seemed like most of our reception was spent taking pictures!
First dance
Cake cutting

Dancing - about half the guests had left by this time
About 9 pm - ready to take off that 20 lb dress and 4 inch heels!

Then we had an impromptu after party at my dad's house, where the 10 of us killed off the leftover margaritas from the reception. We talked about how beautiful everything was, we laughed about the things that didn't go according to plan, we joked about the future. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.

Could we have done things differently? Yes. Could it have been better? No way.

Re: MARRIED! PIP

• Options
    Congrats and great pictures! It's hard adjusting to the "real world'! You looked absolutely beautiful and so happy!!
  • Options
    beautiful dress. congrats!! :)
  • Options
    Great pics, gorgeous dress!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Your pictures are beautiful!

I always cry at sad movies, commercials, or pretty much any happy ending to a movie. Pretty much everyone cried at our wedding (including DH) except me! I think I was too shocked/nervous to cry.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so glad I was able to share some pictures with you; our photographer takes a very long time editing. But our coordinator took over 500 snapshots (good snapshots, too) for us so we could have plenty to drool over in the meantime :)

Wish I could stay on TK, but the real world has eaten my free time and forums simply can't be squeezed in. I hardly have time to check my email! It was great getting to know you all, and thanks for all your advice and encouragement. I'll probably lurk from time to time, though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards