California-Orange County

Cannons seafood grill wedding ceremony and reception!!

I live out of state and wanted to know if anyone had a wedding at Cannons? If so I'm trying to figure out the floor plan. I'm thinking of doing my ceremony and reception. Ceremony would be Terrace 1&2 and reception would be harbor view lounge and terrace 4. Im trying to figure out exactly what they look like I seen many pictures but can not seem to figure out which is which area. Any help please ?!?!! Thanks!!!!

Re: Cannons seafood grill wedding ceremony and reception!!

• edited December 2011
    My FI and I looked at this venue, met with the coordinator and actually ate dinner up stairs while their was a wedding down on the patio. ... it was... interesting?

Its a little small how many people are u having?

The food was really good, and the view is Beautiful! but the logistics of how small it was, was a little weird. They also were having 2 weddings back to back in different parts of the venue.. which bugs me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers image165 image100 image38
  • DeannaCWDeannaCW member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We visited it when we were looking for a venue, weren't that impressed tbh.  The outside areas are really just restaurant patios that they use for events, not designed for events and we thought seemed like just an awkward layout.  I'd say your best bet is to go visit them and see if you can get an idea of how it would work, and if it doesn't, there's plenty of other places you could go.
  • edited December 2011
    We visited there too.  It has a beautiful view but they really cram everyone in.  And if you do the ceremony there then the reception tables are all set up already in the same area - and they move the ceremony chairs out while your guests are standing right there for cocktail hour.  Semms a bit crowded and awkward to me.  Plus when we visited the coordinator wasn't very friendly or approachable.  She was setting up for a wedding while we were there and was VERY distracted (didn't even stop directing the set-up while we talked to her), but we had an appointment so she should have made time to sit with us, even for 10 minutes!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • sep1118sep1118 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Just across the water, same bay, I visited a yaught club. I cant remember the name but I can find out if you want. It's right on the water where the Cannons is up on the hill which you get a oceanview. The yaught club I looked at had 360 oceanview, outside patio, inside ballroom, and most likely only one wedding per day.

• You are probably thinking of the OC Sailing Center, which is where I am having my wedding. It's down in the harbor, you get the whole building to yourself, it has an indoor and outdoor area. But, you literally have to bring everything in, with the exception of tables and chairs. All bartending, catering, decorations, etc. But, it's very affordable, has a great view and free parking.
  • I went there today for an appointment to look around and the woman with met with was incredibly rude.  She was acting like she didn't have time and was rushing us through the place.  When I asked her what the availability looks like for August, her reply was "its a hit and miss"  and when I tried to get a specific date she repeated the statement.  She didn't bother to look at the calendar or anything.  After not being able to handle her rudeness and stupidity,  I just said this is a waste of my time and walked out.  Yeah it has a nice view but it is not worth dealing with that type of person.  Ughh...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards