New York-New York City
Options

Hotels for Guests

Hi.  I'm kind of shocked to see the prices for nice hotels in the midtown area.  Have any of you used nice hotels for under $300 (including tax)?  We want Manhattan plus a room that we can host a brunch for guests before they leave Sunday morning.  Thanks for any help!

Re: Hotels for Guests

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi.  I'm kind of shocked to see the prices for nice hotels in the midtown area.  Have any of you used nice hotels for under $300 (including tax)?  We want Manhattan plus a room that we can host a brunch for guests before they leave Sunday morning.  Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out jetsetter.com?  If you need an invite let me know.

Almost all of our guests found their hotels through the site.  The Carlton sale is on now for about $230 a night.

• Options
    lisalou402lisalou402 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    NY rates are also seasonal....so knowing the date helps too.  My wedding is in december, downtown, and the hotel rates were abotu $400/night...after a few weeks i found a few that were only about $220/night.  You really have to do your research.  There are also a lot of new smaller chain hotels around that could give you a good deal....most will discount if you block a book of rooms.
  • Options
    whitts79whitts79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up doing a block at the Hilton Garden Inn in Tribeca and it came to under $300 a night. We also are recommending some smaller boutique hotels to our guests, such as the Cosmopolitan and the Gershwin. Neither of them do blocks but they both  have good pricing.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We didn't do a block because we couldn't guarantee the numbers - you may want to consider just giving your guests a list of area hotels, reasonably priced, and allowing them the option of choosing where to stay (because everyone's budget is different).  A few friends did stay at a hotel within blocks of our May 30th wedding - Park Avenue South Hotel; funny, it was cheaper for them to book through hotels.com than going through the hotel - but in either case it was well under $300 (about $200 plus tax). 

As suggested, prices will depend on season.  GL.

• Options
    shellylee1972shellylee1972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    our wedding is sept. 5th.
    We got a block of rooms at UN Millenium Plaza Hotel  price was $149 plus tax per night.
    They have a nice bar/lounge there,  an indoor pool,  and  tennis courts.
    They are located at 44th Street Between 1st and 2nd Ave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards