Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

what month do the leaves change color?

we are having a fall wedding and i was thinking they change color in october but the venue i was just at said november, its not a huge deal but i like how it looks in pictures. we have not set a date yet but this is something i would like! any one have any idea if i stand a better chance of getting this in october or november! i know i cant control it its just something i would like!

Re: what month do the leaves change color?

• jesskbloom21jesskbloom21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on when it starts to get cooler. I think it's usually mid october.
  • PattySmith101PattySmith101 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats what i thought to but the Lady at the venue i just visited said mid november!
  • edited December 2011

Can you ask if you can look at photo albums of past weddings there from both Oct and Nov? Most o f the places we looked at had an assortment of photo albums- its worth a shot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_month-leaves-change-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e7dbffa0-530d-41a0-bc9c-a8b69e757b09Post:22ec12a7-990a-4ba9-bc03-39c3d75ec247">Re: what month do the leaves change color?</a>:
    [QUOTE]This may help: <a href="http://www.foliagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:northeast-us&Itemid=68&layout=default" rel='nofollow'>http://www.foliagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=34:northeast-us&Itemid=68&layout=default</a> It has maps and reports of leaf color changing for Fall 2010
    Posted by BethtoWed[/QUOTE]

great ! thanks for your help! that was what i was looking for but couldnt find it!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married October 16th and went to my venue that same week last year and they had not yet changed.  Of course it varies though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lauren0409Lauren0409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say your best bet is the last couple weeks of October or first couple weeks of November.  I guess each year it is slightly different depending on the weather, so you can't pinpoint it exactly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married on 11.2.12 I was told I should have lots of leaf color
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_month-leaves-change-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e7dbffa0-530d-41a0-bc9c-a8b69e757b09Post:1fbd5a0e-5efc-44ec-a0e0-3fa04cabcfd5">Re: what month do the leaves change color?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would say your best bet is the<strong> last couple weeks of October</strong> or first couple weeks of November.  I guess each year it is slightly different depending on the weather, so you can't pinpoint it exactly!
    Posted by Lauren0409[/QUOTE]

Just remember, the later in Oct, the earlier the sun sets.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE] : Just remember, the later in Oct, the earlier the sun sets.
    Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

i did realize that after being on the boards for a little while yestarday...our ceremony is going to be at our reception site, and we arent going anywhere for pics besides there. My FI doesnt want to see me till i walk down the aisle and we are doing a friday night....ahhh so much to consider!
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_month-leaves-change-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e7dbffa0-530d-41a0-bc9c-a8b69e757b09Post:d6655b68-08d5-4ec3-8ece-0fae3d23fb27">Re: what month do the leaves change color?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i did realize that after being on the boards for a little while yestarday...our ceremony is going to be at our reception site, and we arent going anywhere for pics besides there. My FI doesnt want to see me till i walk down the aisle and we are doing a friday night....ahhh so much to consider!
    Posted by PattySmith101[/QUOTE]

We are doing the same exactl thing.  Our date is 6 Oct and even then, our ceremony will be at 5, since the sunset at around 630.  Gives us a 30 min ceremony, and 1 hr for pics... then PARTY!  We are doing a fall theme, so even if the tree haven't changed, we'll have it in our decor...  I plan to have the e-pics in the fall when they do change though!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    The leaves changing is going to depend on how hot the summer was, how much it rained, and when it starts to get cold.  

If it a very hot and dry summer they might turn brown right away and not the pretty colors.  

If it's a cool summer they could change sooner.  
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married October 7, it doesn't look good for us. Keeping my fingers crossed!
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_month-leaves-change-color?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:e7dbffa0-530d-41a0-bc9c-a8b69e757b09Post:d6655b68-08d5-4ec3-8ece-0fae3d23fb27">Re: what month do the leaves change color?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i did realize that after being on the boards for a little while yestarday...our ceremony is going to be at our reception site, and we arent going anywhere for pics besides there. My FI doesnt want to see me till i walk down the aisle and we are doing a friday night....ahhh so much to consider!
    Posted by PattySmith101[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Patty- we are in the same boat.</div><div>
    </div><div>My ceremony and reception are at one spot.</div><div>We are getting married on a friday night, the first weekend in Novemeber.</div><div>And the sun sets at 5:56 that night.</div><div>
    </div><div>After speaking with our venue coordinator, our photographer, and convincing the FI.... we all decided doing pictures before would be best.</div><div>
    </div><div>So we are doing pictures before the ceremony.</div><div>
    </div><div>At the end of the ceremony there will only be enough light for a few quick sunset photos</div><div>
    </div><div>Ceremony at 5:30-6:00</div><div>Cocktail hour 6:00-7:00</div><div>Reception 7:00-11:00</div><div>
    </div><div>Hope this helps!</div><div>
    </div>
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    mid october
  • I live in Philadelphia and can say that it does vary by year. Usually the middle to end of October the leaves have started to change. By November you should have fall colors. We are doing a Fall wedding too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards