Tennessee
Options

TN wedding help!

Does anyone know of any good locations where I can have a small outdoor wedding in East TN? I would love to be in an open area with mountains in the background.  Any ideas will be appreciated! :)

Re: TN wedding help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone know of any good locations where I can have a small outdoor wedding in East TN? I would love to be in an open area with mountains in the background.  Any ideas will be appreciated! :)
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try on the Knoxville area board for more help.

Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge are both in the Smokies.  Townsend is a much quieter town nearby and is more "open" than G and PF.  You could also get married in the National Park.  I always thought it would be cool to get married on Clingman's Dome. =-)
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    JMAsh1078JMAsh1078 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would look into what PP suggested.  Townsend is a gorgeous area and definitely more "open" as she stated.  Butterfly Gap is a gorgeous location.  Also, G and PF are not lacking in the wedding venue department.  If you have a more specific area in mind I could probably offer more suggestions, I keep a running list!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how far east you want to go, there are lots of options in the Tri-Cities region.

Agota Springs in Kingsport
    Allandale Mansion in Kingsport
    Chateau Selah in Blountville
    Farmhouse Gallery and Gardens in Unicoi
    Fender's Farm in Jonesborough
    The Garden Retreat in Erwin
    Maple Lane Farm in Johnson City
    Masengil Farm in Johnson City
    New Canton Plantation in Church Hill
    Meadowview in Kingsport
    The Oaks Castle in Johnson City
    The Range in Johnson City
    The Ridges in Johnson City
    Tipton-Haynes in Johnson City

And that's just all I can think of at the moment!
    Check out http://wedity.com/ for pictures of a bunch of them
  • Options
    kaylakeenerkaylakeener member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Ridges does weddings?! Random. I am also in East TN and I am thinking of having my wedding at the Storytelling Center in Downtown Jonesborough. Very pretty.
  • Options
    CouponNinjaCouponNinja member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm not in east TN, i'm just over the mountians from chattanooga and live in a BEAUTIFUL area called Franklin County. I can walk out my front door and have a gorgeous view of the mountians. There is a small town called Cowan that sits right at the base of the swanee mountian OR there is a beautiful campus at St. andrews college that has AMMMazing grounds. Small towns usually equal smaller cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards