Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Need some good advice...

Hey ladies!
So my fiance' and I are getting married at the flammingo in October. We originally were going to have a get together at a family members house but it looks like there will be more people than anticipated. So...since we can't just pick and choose what people to feed we are including everyone. My FFIL has offered to pay for it. We asked him what his budget was and he said if it's over $600 then he needs to know soon so he can get some more money together. 
Anyways does anyone know of any affordable places? I know nothing is going to be around $600 but I don't even think we need a band or anything fancy basically what we need is a big enough space to feed 60 ish people...any ideas?
Anniversary

Re: Need some good advice...

• Options
    Hmm I'm not 100% sure mainly because most resturaunts have a room minimum of at least $1,000. I know for Joe's (where we're having our reception) is $5,000. I know a few people have had theirs at buffets and I think one place called the Burger Bar. I'm not too much help so maybe someone else will be able to help you out. You can do an in suite reception and hire a caterer as well.
  • Options
    Is the $600 for a venue or food or both?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    $600 to feed 60 people is not going to cut it.

You might be able to get away with double that at a buffet that will set aside an area for you.  To do it right you'll probably want to plan on at least $30/pp or $40/pp if you want booze, then your options will greatly increase for restaurants, venues, etc. on the strip.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    What time are you getting married? In order to keep down costs some people have cake and champagne or punch receptions only and those are a lot cheaper than a whole meal. But obviously that limits you to certain time of the day. If it is a weekday minimum spend on special rooms will be a lot lower too. Can you tell us more details?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I asked him our limit and he said he dosen't know. He will pay more than 600 he just said he needs to know right away so he can prepare for that. Which means we need to find a place like yesterday. We're getting married at 4 on a Thursday so it has to be a dinner. We don't really need alcohol. Honestly I just wanted to rent out a pavillion and have a cook out or something but I've just been doing too much looking and I'm burnt out. I may have found a dinner that's like 24 a person but i'm not even sure if that's the direcion I want to go with. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I so know how you feel regarding being burnt out - there is sooo much out there and it can get very overwhelming. If he doesn't mind paying and you want something easy for you the previous suggestion of a buffet is probably a good idea. To make things easy just go to the one at the hotel where you are staying - and contact them to see if you can get a couple of tables together. Good luck with everything! And remember - it all about getting married to the man you love; don't let the planning stress you too much! *hugs*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards