California-Northern
Options

Addressing invites, did you use a calligrapher?

Hello,So, my friend's wedding invitation was nice and she told me she used a calligrapher. We'll be sending out less than 100 invitations and I really don't want to spend the money to hire someone to do so and think that I could handle it myself.I was just wondering if people used calligraphers to address their wedding invitations or did you write it yourself.Thanks
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Addressing invites, did you use a calligrapher?

• Options
    apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not. It's not in the budget and I also think I can do it myself. I think you can get calligraphy pens at Michaels - I haven't looked yet though. They even sell books that teach you how to do it. For ours, I'm just planning to use a nice pen and write in cursive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wrote it myself. I figured the savings could go towards something I cared more about.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's mom was our calligrapher. =) She just practiced her calligraphy and wrote all our envelopes for us. They looked really nice - way nicer than I could have ever done. Make sure you have a lot of extra envelopes though (she messed up on like 20).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wanted the look of calligraphy without spending the money so I downloaded the font that matched my invitations and printed them out with my own computer (which is what alot of calligraphy places do now anyways). I did 125 invites no problem and they looked so good I had a few guests ask if I had used a calligrapher.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone. I will definitely be doing them myself.I just felt bad because my friend said that I should hire one because they come out really nice.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't even consider because I didn't feel it was worth the money.We got clear labels and printed them (for our STDS anyways) and we'll be doing the same for our invitations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of finding the font that matches your invitation and running the envelopes through the printer.  Thanks for the idea, I think I'll do that myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards