Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Flowers

Because I have no idea about this kind of thing - what is/was your cost for flowers for your wedding? And what does that cost include? TIA
"Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."

Re: Flowers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our flowers are somewhere around $330.  That included my bouquet, two bridesmaids, four corsages, and eight bouts.  I just wanted all white, seasonal flowers.

We got estimates from like a trillion different vendors, and they ranged from about $280-600. 

I had no idea what to expect when I started looking.  I definitely suggest setting up lots of consultations and talking with them to see what they can do.  I went into each meeting telling them I didn't know anything about flowers but told them some ideas I had.  They usually had me flip through some photos and pick out things that appealed to me, and we talked about what they were thinking (I also asked them to keep my budget in mind).  Then we got the proposals a few days to a week later and made our decision.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I got my bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 13 boutinariees, 5 corsages, a cake topper, and a toss bouquet for around $550. 

I did go to quite a few places, I ended up using someone I found at the birdal fair (they gave me a discount).  I agree with PP to set up some consultations.  I did have an idea of what kind and color of flower I wanted which helped.

HTH

• Options
    StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May I ask where everyone went for flowers?  So I can begin shopping/comparing!
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I called Hy-Vee, The Village Garden, Shana Vaughn Designs and The Flower Girl.  I ended up using the Flower Girl.  I had a friend use Hy-Vee and loved them but they just weren't right for me.
    HTH
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at the Flower Girl, Bella Flora, Floralyn, Jennifer Techau, In Bloom, The Village Gardens, Petalz, Licota's, and Hy-Vee. 

If you look at a place like Hy-Vee, keep in mind they vary between locations.

Good luck and have fun!
  • Options
    pfohpfoh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers were one area that I stayed well below budget thanks to a recommendation from my cake person. I used Only Roses since I predominately wanted red and white roses. I got my bouquet, four bridesmaids' bouquets, 7 bouts, 4 corsages, 2 bags of roses petals, AND 20 dozen roses for center pieces for $577.
  • Options
    StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls!  My mom actually contacted a lady from Craigslist who is trying to start up, and she quoted about 600-700, and had some cool ideas.  I'm trying not to get ahead of myself since I don't have a date/venue yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting my bouquet, 5 bridesmaid bouquets, 12 boutineers, 6 corsages and 10 table settings for $1000 and are using a woman in blue springs who has a workshop at her home. She does really beautiful work. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards