Wedding Reception Forum
Options

candy table

i was thinking about having a candy table at the reception for the guests to take home a favor.  i was wondering if any of you have done this and what types of candy did u have? TIA

Re: candy table

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2010

Sure, plenty of us have done it!  They are really popular.

I did an all white candy buffet.  I had: M&Ms, jelly beans, french mints, personalized miniatures, champagne bubbles and yogurt covered pretzels in mixtures of cream and white.

• Options
    I am doing this!  My theme is vintage/antique country so all of my containers are vintage containers.  My containers that the candy are being put in are canning jars.  My colors are green and yellow, so I am choosing candy in these colors.  A great bulk candy company is:  http://www.candywarehouse.com/ This site you can choose candy in themes, colors, sizes, etc. which is great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We did one. We had 7 different types of candy. The picture below shows part of the candy buffet, where we had plain and peanut M&M's, Mike and Ike's (H's favorite), mixed nuts (my grandpa is allergic to chocolate and loves nuts, so that was why we used those), and chocolate mints coated in a candy shell. Jordan almonds in our wedding colors and chocolate truffles were the other two candies we provided.

Pic:

**i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • Options
    We are having vintage/country /vineyard wedding too! Great theme Mrsweber11!

We are doing this! I didnt want to spend a lot on bonbonierre so we are using nice vases and vintage bowls that we bought at thrift stores or already had at home. It should look all mismatched and eclectic is the plan.

We are going to have gummi bears, chikos, raspberries, boiled hard candy and butterscotch lollies etc.

We are placing a minitarure chinese take-away box (my FH is chinese!) at each persons place setting with a ribbon tied around it. We also found these cute counrty/vintage sytle mini brown shipping tags to say 'thankyou for sharing our day'.
  • Options
    We're doing this.  We're having our favorite candy.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Options
    we're doing pink black and white theme, just like the rest of our day :) becareful with black some will dye your mouth!!! check out my profile pics!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards