Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Photographer payment

Our wedding photographer has us paying in installments, but lately I've been thinking it might be better to pay off the rest of our balance in the next payment. The wedding is in September and our last payment would be due in June anyways. I'm still unsure if we SHOULD just pay it off and have one less expense, or keep paying installments. Any thoughts on the safest route to take? I just want to make sure that they show up to the wedding lol.

Re: Photographer payment

• Options

My opinion most vendors require the last payment usually 30 days before the wedding, weather you pay it off now or that 30 days before, how will you make sure they show up then? I think that if you have the money now and don't need it for anything else I would pay it off!! One less thing to worry about... Just keep all receipts and stay in touch all the way up to the wedding...

• Options
    If you were going to have all the payments in before the wedding anyway, why would paying them off now change anything? 

Here's a more important thing to consider; did you hire an honest photographer? Then they'll show up. 
  • Options
    Did you sign a contract? Is it a reputable photographer? If you have a reason to pay the rest of your balance early, of course you should be able to talk to your photographer about that. But it's ultimately up to you. (:
  • Options
    My friend who owns a phot company charges half at time of signing contract and other half is collected on the wedding day. In my opinion I think it is odd that all is due even before they arrive to shoot your wedding, so I woudl say wait until the last payment date. Set money aside if you need to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards