Christian Weddings

Presbtyrian Ceremony

Hi there.

My fiance and I have been attending a local Presbtyrian church for a couple months now and have become interested in becoming members. Their website claims that they only allow weddings to members. I would like to call and ask their opinion as well but we have been told that they may not accept our membership because we currently live together. I was hoping to get a better idea if this has happened to anyone before and what they were able to do. I want to get married in a church, not just at my reception venue so this is very important to me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Presbtyrian Ceremony

• Every church is different. Contact the pastor and inquire about joining. GL!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • The Presbyterian church we got married in did not have that rule. But they also allowed non-members to get married there too. I would ask the pastor. I think PCUSA is different than PCA so it might depend on that too. 
  • Check if it's PCUSA or PCA. PCA tends to run more conservative, which is about all I know about them. PCUSA, I don't think I've ever heard of someone having that problem before. You take the class, you take the vows, the congregation recieves you, you're a member.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards