California-Orange County
Options

Introduce yourself! (Lurkers too!)

Hello! I know the Boards have been a little slow, so I wanted to do an introduction and see who else is on here!

I got in October 09 at the Summit House in Fullerton. I had so much fun with the planning that I still check out the Boards from time to time (or when I'm bored at work!). Plus, I am so thankful for all of the help that I got while planning. 

Your turn...

Re: Introduce yourself! (Lurkers too!)

• Options
    ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I've been on and off the boards planning my wedding for the past (almost) year and a half! :)  I'm a student, so i'm realllly active when I'm on break, and when school's in session (now), i'm more of a lurker. haha.  

I'm getting married next month on the 19th at the CSUF Alumni House.  Time has flown by SO freakin fast! it's amazing.  Anyone else getting married next month?  

I'm hoping there'll be more introductions...it's been awfully quiet lately!  Would love to hear from other people as well!
    ~Rita
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Ladies
    Glad to see OC getting some action lately.  I've been more on the LA boards but check back once in a while to see what is going on over here.  I get married in 99 days  at the Westridge Golf Club in La Habra.

Still have a lot of stuff that I need to get done _ I think I have been in la la land for about 4 months. 
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi.. I've been on these boards for awhile.. but stick more to the August 2010 board because they're more chatty. 6 months to go for us! i still check in to the OC board though to see if anything is ever going on.. you'd think a SoCal board would be a little more exciting!!
    Meagan and Travis
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 2/27/11 Missed M/C 4/2/11
    BFP 6/8/11 Delilah Rae born February 17, 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kayciejoe56Kayciejoe56 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies-
    I too am glad to see some action on this board.  I also bounce around between the LA boards and here, since I'm getting married in Walnut (in May...eeek!) Im not quite sure where I belong.

ms.rita... less than a month away now... how does it feel.  Im about 2.5 months out and it seems like I have SO MUCH to do.

Ladies on the other side... any let down when its all over... or just relief that the madness stopped?
  • Options
    ms.ritaliums.ritaliu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @ kayciejoe56: things have definitely calmed down!  When I was at the 2-month mark I was really starting to stress out about just how much more I had to do.  It's hard because I'm in school right now, so I knew I didn't have much time.  LUCKILY, and I'm sure this will be the same for you- by the time the 1-month mark comes, things will settle down :)  I'm getting really excited for the big day...but at the same time, kind of sad! lol I'm afraid the day will pass by too fast!!  

Glad to see the board picking up! :)
    ~Rita
  • Options
    KTAgeeKTAgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies! I just recently started getting active on The Knot, although I've been a member since about two days after we got engaged (December 2008). LoL. It's been nice going from post to post and seeing how helpful everyone is. I'm glad to see such nice people around. =) I'll be tying the knot this July in Fountain Valley. Can't wait!!
    July 24, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi ladies...

So I've been lurking on here for almost 2 years and am getting married on May 29 2010 at Lake Oak Meadows in Temecula. I live in Brea and lurk on the IE board more so because of my "destination" wedding.

I actually took engagement pictures today and was very nervous. It ended up going great and i had a lot of fun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone,
    I got married last October. I used to be pretty active when I was planning my wedding, mostly on the Oct 2009 and DIY boards. Now I pop on about once a week just to see what's going on.

My view from "the other side"
    I was so stressed with all the planning and wedding prep and spent 100% of my free time for about a year preparing for my big day. The wedding weekend was amazing but I definitely went through planning withdrawals when it was all said and done. I miss having something so big to look forward to. Savor every stress filled minute of it!
  • Options
    kitsune143kitsune143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!

I've been on and off these boards (mainly the March 2010 boards) for several months. I mainly lurk simply because I agree with what most of you have to say when someone asks a question =)

I'm getting married in a little over 2 weeks! It seems like it snuck up on me! :-P
    I am completely excited about it and super amazed by how everything has come together so perfectly. Planning a wedding in Orange County for under 5k has been a bit of a challenge, but I am proud to say that I'm about to pull it off, thanks to a lot of prayers and people being wonderful and blessing us way beyond my wildest dreams! =)

I hope to remain on these boards after I am married to lend a listening ear to anyone who needs it and to offer helpful information wherever I can.

You all seem like a lovely group of ladies and I am happy to be on here with all of you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello!

I'm actually getting married in my hometown of Houston in October, so I mainly go on the Houston board, BUT I do live in Orange County and am doing all my dress shopping and e-photos here in Cali, so I'm happy to help get this board going again too :-)

Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!

I have been living in Boston for the past 6 years for grad school, but I'm an OC girl (Irvine) at heart.  My wedding is October 9th, 2010 in Pomona.  I'm defending my thesis April 30th so my focus right now is on writing.  Lurking on the message boards has been my guilty pleasure when I need a break from science writing :)

I look forward to any advice about wedding planning, because I'm not really sure where to start.

Take care,
    Lindsey

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards