Florida-South Florida

Pics and such

Hey ladies and a few men I have noticed!

I am thinking about getting engagement pics done. I found someone I like who seems reasonable and willing to work with my crazy schedule. Did anyone else get e pics? Is it worth it? I really want them but not one hundred precent sure I need them.

Has anyone had any luck with vendors for a small wedding? I keep finding mimimuns on a lot of places for number of guests and I am not sure I have have a lot of people because so many live out of town. Any ideas on vendors you can help me with? I have been researhcing for awhile now.

How soon did you send out save the dates for out of town people you wanted to join for your day? I orginally thought spring 2014 but I am leaning towards spring or early summer of 13 for wedding. When should I do save the dates?

Thank you for any advice anyone has.

Getting Hitches 08/09/2014

Re: Pics and such

• How many people are you plannig on having?
  • edited October 2012
    How many guests are you planning for and do you want a location that has everything or one which would allow you to bring your own vendors? Also, which county are you considering? As far as epics, we loved ours and we had a great time! We were able to see how well we worked with our photographer and get comfortable in front if the camera. I am camera shy especially with professional photogs and I wanted to be sure we picked the right vendor and we did. If you are looking for an affordable yet laid back engagement session then check Browntography. A couple's session is 250.
  • Forgot to mention on the save the dates, I would suggest about 76 months before your wedding. It gives your guests ample time to coordinate themselves and not forget when your wedding is. If you send them earlier than that then you run the risk I people forgetting when your wedding is.
  • The guest list will consist of anywhere between 30 if nobody out of town comes to 100 with us accounting everyone from out of town coming.

The e pics I want and I think it would be something I want to do but I have had a few of the vendors I looked at tell me we could not use outside vendors other than what they listed so I am concerned I do the e pics and like the photographer and find out the vendor I want for the venue I want will not allow me to have the photographer.

• Which county/counties were you looking to have it at?
  • E-Pics- I say do them. They're not completely necessary but it's kind of tradition to do before wedding photos (in the 70's and 80's it was the bride alone, now it is popular to do couples pics). Its nice to have professional photos of you guys in your wtreet clothes before the wedding and there is something romantic about them.

guest list- Figure out what you feel comfortable with. Do you want a big wedding or smaller. Either way there is TONS (and I mean TONS) of venues for both size parties. You just need to start looking, like yesterday, if you want a spring or summer wedding in 2013.

STD- I sent mine out 8 months before, but the wedding was destination. Typically, you send them about 6 months out and then invites 2 months out. Again. save the dates are not exactly necessary but they're fun and very trendy right now.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • I am looking Palm Beach county where I live, broward, maybe Miami... We are talking Keys as well. We are super open if we can find something we love within the budget which we dont have set in stone yet. My Fi is not much of a planner where as I am but he makes more money than I do. We are paying for this one hundred precent by ourselves so we need to find the right mix of love and budget.
    We need an idea of vendor so we can get the guest list down pat... Thats why I need help. I am thinking wedding planner but that would take money from the actually wedding itself and I dont know if it is worth the money.

E pics, I found a really good deal on so I think I am going to go ahead and do them. I am a huge picture freak and love photos so I think it will be worth it in the end. 275 for 1.5 hour session anywhere we want and we get about 4 to 75 shots with 10-15 fully editied

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_pics-and-such?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:382ae9d0-dab5-435a-a789-bc8985f0a2c4Post:2678a0a0-9c2c-4679-adfd-5743141efb23">Re: Pics and such</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which county/counties were you looking to have it at?
    Posted by mrsmoore18[/QUOTE]

• There is a really romantic location on the beach in Stuart/Jensen beach areaMartin County. It's called the house of refuge and it's perfect for an intimate gathering. But like everyone said there are many many many places all over our area. And if you pick the keys I'd choose cheeca lodge. I've seen so many wonderful weddings done there.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have you looked into the SPanish River Library? It's in Boca. I'm actually thinking about booking mine there. It's very affordable and if you live in Boca it's only like $900. But they don't do weddings from like May to September because it's too hot outside. Maybe look into it. It's so gorgeous and you don't have to dress it up because it's beautiful. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_pics-and-such?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:382ae9d0-dab5-435a-a789-bc8985f0a2c4Post:0d70940b-80a5-49eb-b1fe-98707300f3b4">Re: Pics and such</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked into the SPanish River Library? It's in Boca. I'm actually thinking about booking mine there. It's very affordable and if you live in Boca it's only like $900. But they don't do weddings from like May to September because it's too hot outside. Maybe look into it. It's so gorgeous and you don't have to dress it up because it's beautiful. 
    Posted by mrsmoore18[/QUOTE]

The Spanish River libarty I did not know did weddings. I will look into that. I want to stay somewhere close to home because its the area I know. We relocated here a few years ago but we do not get out a lot and I want to stay close to where I am now. Thank you so much for the advice. I a going to check it out now!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards