California-Central

Santa Barbara DoubleTree?

Hi - I am trying to pick a venue that is near or on the beach, and so far Fess Parker's DoubleTree is the only one that is more or less in my price range.  Has anyone had a wedding there?  Any reviews?  Or any suggestions for another venue?  I don't want to spend $10- $20,000 on a site fee alone.
Thanks!

Re: Santa Barbara DoubleTree?

• edited December 2011
    I was married there in August '08!  We LOVED having our wedding there and working with the staff at the resort.  I'd be more than happy to share details of our experiences there.  You can contact me at mrs.btobe@yahoo.com.  You might also want to try posting on the LC board.  Even though SB is considered central california, most of the brides that get married in the SB area post over there.  :)  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting married there in August 2011. So far the experience has been GREAT! We love dealing with Paige-she's the events manager. The space is incredible and the prices are really not that bad at all. They've been very helpful and accommodating. We just met with them again to go over more paper work. I can't tell you what the finished product looks like but so far its been great! 
  • suebeebridesuebeebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well the hotel rates at the Fess Parker scared me away, especially in the summer, but I never looked into pricing out a room and menu there. The space is beautiful though. I chose the Cabrillo Pavillion Arts Center which is owned by the city and right next door. If you have 200 people or less it might be a good fit.  You can bring in your own caterer and alcohol.  It was the most reasonable place I found with a view in SB.  Best of luck, and let me know if you want any other help!

And CONGRATS!   
  • edited December 2011
    My best friend just had her wedding there, and it was absolutely beautiful.  She had her ceremony on the beach and the reception was in the Regan Room.  Let me know if you have any questions about it :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards