Arizona-Phoenix

Butterfly Petals...not impressed!

I have heard so many great things aboout Amanda from Butterfly Petals.  Her price quote was amazing and so many knotties raved about her.  Today I had my meeting with her and I was so excited and looking forward to it.  I live all the way on the west of Phoenix and she lives all the way on the east side but I felt that with so many great reviews she was worth it.
So I show up and her husband answers the door with a surprised look on his face after I asked for her and told him I was here for a meeting.  He goes up and tells her and then comes back down and says sorry "she has a migraine and I will need to come back.".  I'm like....ooooh-kay.  Then asks how far did I travel and I tell him and then goes back up and comes back and says that she will reschedule with me and meet me on my side next time.  I'm still like ....oooooh-kay!
At first I was understandable but then I got mad because she runs a business.  I traveled almost a total 2 hours in the car to do business with her and she did not have the professionalism to even come down.
First impressions mean ALOT and I'm sorry but I will not be using her which I am bummed about, but at the same time, she didn't even acknowledge me!!

So with that all said...who has another recomendation?  I've heard great things about Flowers by Jodi?  Who has used her?

Thanks.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Butterfly Petals...not impressed!

• edited December 2011
    Sorry that you had a bad experience with Amanda.  I did too!  She was out on maternity leave and sent me an initial quote, but never returned any of my follow up emails.

I met with Flowers By Jodi - I was not that impressed.  She does have an office around Central and Camelback that she will meet you at.  But, her quote was high and she will not give you numbers until you meet with her.  Then, she snail mails you your quote. 

I would check out Jen Colvin with Ever After Florals.  www.everafterflorals.com/
    She was great.  Competitive quote.  Showed a lot of interest in me, and what my visions were.  Oh yeah... and, she lives on the West Side.  Met me at Thunderbird and 51st Ave.

11/6/2010
    Planning Bio
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I am going to look into her now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • punkcheesepunkcheese member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend Jen with Ever After Florals. She did the flowers for my wedding and they looked amazing. We met at a starbucks since her studio was on the other side of town from me and when I met her she was so personable and nice. Her quote ended up being very affordable and within my budget. Overall a great experience and worth meeting with.
  • edited December 2011
    I met with both flowers by Jodi and Butterfly Petals and was not impressed.  I ended up using Jenny Williams with Flower Power Weddings.  She was very good to work with and so affordable.  Her website is flowerpowerweddings.com.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mrs_AFMrs_AF member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that she just had a baby and has had some illnesses, but I used her for my flowers and they turned out fantastic. She was very professional, friendly and easy to work with. It's unfortunate that she is getting a bad name for herself by mistreating new clients. Hopefully you find some flowers that work great for you, and hopefully she is able to bounce back from whatever is going on with her.
  • lrbasulrbasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like to second Mrs AF.  I am sorry you had a bad experience with her, but she did my flowers and they were AMAZING!  She was nothing but professional the entire time I was working with her. She had a really hard pregnancy towards the end, but I knew what was going on so it did not affect my opinion of her.   I hope this was just a fluke, and I am sorry it happened to you, but 99% of the things I have heard about her have all been wonderful.
  • lrbasulrbasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and this is FutureMrsLRAllen, I am using an old account since my other one was being blocked, I did not realize I had not signed into my regular one.  :-)  So this is not some random person!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_butterfly-petalsnot-impressed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:64a105cb-b10f-482a-96ee-4abadb8ee2f2Post:37cfb456-1709-4bd9-827f-748b8d8951ba">Re: Butterfly Petals...not impressed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would like to second Mrs AF.  I am sorry you had a bad experience with her, but she did my flowers and they were AMAZING!  She was nothing but professional the entire time I was working with her. She had a really hard pregnancy towards the end, but I knew what was going on so it did not affect my opinion of her.   I hope this was just a fluke, and I am sorry it happened to you, but 99% of the things I have heard about her have all been wonderful.
    Posted by lrbasu[/QUOTE]

I agree - I was more than happy with her, as were the three other brides I know personally who've used her. My FSIL is using her too, and I expect nothing but the best :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS
  • applemarieapplemarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure she is great! Her work looks amazing and I trust you and other brides had wonderful experiences.  But I have to go with my gut feeling on this one and look for something else.  The way I felt when I left her house, is not something I liked.  

I have some other great leads and referrals and I'm confident that I will have a better experience else where!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think you should absolutely go with your gut!  There are a TON of great florists out there and you need to be 100% comfortable with all of your vendors!!!  I am just sorry you had a bad experience with her!

PS- This is the accont I meant to write my last post from :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck with all your planning! I met with Flowers by Jodi. She came highly recommended and her flowers are beautiful, but she is not very flexible with what she will do--you pick about 4 flowers and that is it, but she charges the same fee for your flowers whether you go with carnations or roses. However, if you want to use calla lillies or orchids, then you pay a higher fee. Depending on what you are looking for that may be good for you or it may be frustrating and too expensive.

I would recommend checking out either Your Event Florist ( http://www.youreventflorist.com) or Table Tops Etc. (http://www.tabletopsetc.net/) they are both great to work with.
  • Marissa0717Marissa0717 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I had a great meeting with Amanda, I really do second LRAllen's post...you should go with your gut! You should pick out vendors you love and that work well with you and your vision for your wedding. I don't believe that there is a vendor that is right for everyone, so pick the one that is right for you!
    I don't have any reccommendations for other florists, but maybe you can look on Wedding Wire for some other florists with great ratings??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • NillaWafer10NillaWafer10 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That stinks!  My husband gets migraines, and he gets soooo sick when he has them.  I can definitely understand where she was coming from, but her husband should have checked her books to give you and other clients a call.

The only thing I can recommend is not going through Sam's club.  They were terrible :(
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Amanda, and to be completely honest I could not STAND Jen from Ever After, she was incredibly pushy and snotty the entire meeting.  Maybe she was having a bad day.  We finally got our quote, 5 weeks after the meeting.  She cited computer troubles... I didn't realize she had the only computer in all of Arizona?  I'm guessing she forgot about us and then had a "oh shiit!" moment. 

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Amanda, she has been very professional with us so far!
  • jeniferbrandjeniferbrand member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear about your experience! I would have been so frustrated. I HIGHLY reccomend Jan Dekker of Jan Dekker Designs. I havent had my big day yet, but her vision is brilliant and she is an absolute PLEASURE to work with. It was the best experience of my wwessing planning so far. I hope everything works out for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards