Washington
Options

QOTD: What is your splurge?

Everyone has some kind of budget, what's your "splurge" for your wedding?
Pregnancy Ticker
2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books

Re: QOTD: What is your splurge?

• Options
    mrandmrsbristmrandmrsbrist member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine is our photographer. We know her personally, but she's employed with a friend who is expensive as heck! It was about $500 over our budget. We cut in other places in order to have her.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our biggest splurge is on our photographer too. We figured that we would have our photographs forever but keeping the food that long would be a bad idea. :-) Plus we really loved our photographer's stuff. She's great!
  • Options
    Fabi&NitaFabi&Nita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The venue is ours we just both feel in love with it and had to have it :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker It's a Girl!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're actually under budget on all the vendors *shock*
    Our biggest splurge will probably be the bach party. I want all the ladies to be able to stay in one place up in BC so they don't have to worry about hotel accom. so I'm paying for a presidential suite, which will run about 500.. but it'll be a blast :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is the photographer too! They are so expensive and my FI/I fought about it for a few months. He couldn't understand WHY I wanted to spend so much money on a photographer. He finally came around after my grandparents explained that when we are older, we will want pictures to remember the "big" day from.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    stephbonthegostephbonthego member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a couple. My gown for one. FH told me to go 'all out' because I never spend any money on myself (seriously, last pro manicure was two years ago)...spent 10% of entire budget on my designer gown including all accessories. Our only other big splurge will be photography for sure. We found who we want to work with and I'm sure she's worth every penny but super expensive...still trying to cut corners elsewhere to afford.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our big splurge is photgraphy! We adore our photographer! I found him for my FI's cousin's wedding 6 years ago, then he shot my sister's wedding 3 years ago, and he gave us a HUGE discount for return service for our wedding. But he's still pricey even with the discount. But the FI and I agree, he is one of the things we are both looking forward to. We feel like we know him personally and are excited to see his spectacular work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bride's Bouquet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bridesmaid's bouquet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards