Second Weddings

XP Mom, what to do for her...

xp = 40Plus Brides

I really want to do or get my mom something special @ the reception.   She has  been my rock the last 5 years, I wouldn't have been able to pull through a lot of heartache without her.  I was a mess through my divorce and she was the only one there for me through my fits of crying, venting, etc.

She has taken to my FI like he's her son, and I'm so grateful for that and everything she's done for me.  So, what do I do for her? 

A few years back I saved and got her a Tiffany ring that she hardly ever wears so I'm looking for something simple.  She's not much into jewelry.  Any suggestions?  The only thing that comes to mind is a nice bouquet at her table. I'm just clueless. Help.  :)
Created by Wedding Favors

Re: XP Mom, what to do for her...

• edited December 2011
    I answered you on 40+
  • edited December 2011

We are giving both of our mom's a monogrammed pashmina shawl.  I tried to be sneaky with my mother to find out if it was something she would use.  She said she gets cold every week at church.  They are beautiful!  I ordered mine through Splendor for your Guests here in Denver. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my Mom a pearl necklace, but you say jewelry won't work in your case.

I actually like the mongrammed shawl/pashmina idea. My Mom is always cold too, LOL.

I've ordered many things from www.personalcreations.com, where you can have a multitude of things personalized. For example, I ordered my parents a lovely 60th anniversary sofa-throw, that my beloved Mom actually has hanging on a wall she loves it so much, LOL.

I'd also try to think about things she's enjoyed doing with you (besides being your emotional support). Have you two enjoyed going to movies? Taken a trip together? Maybe plan something for just the two of you before your wedding.

Does she have family or a special friend who perhaps cannot afford to attend your wedding? Perhaps you can fly them in as a surprise to her, and pay for their airfare.

Without knowing your budget, etc, some of these may be too costly, but I can't be sure.

Good luck.
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten my mom's gift yet, but how about a scrapbook/photo album filled with photos of the two of you, and leave the last page blank, so you can put a photo from the wedding of the two of you there! I like PP's ideas too!
    Siggy Challenge~Fur Baby~September 2012 Board imageMy Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards