Illinois-Chicago
Options

Trying Again - Donating Wedding Dress

Someone was going to take my dress, but it fell through, so thought I'd repost and try again!

My wedding has come and gone and I'm hoping to find a good home for my wedding dress.  Rather than make a profit on it, I'd like to donate it to someone who really needs it.  It's a size 12 Oleg Cassini gown that I absolutely loved!  You can see pics also on the David's Bridal site.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Strapless-Faille-with-Sweetheart-Draped-Bodice-CT326_Bridal-Gowns-Shop-By-Designer-Oleg-Cassini#BVRRWidgetID

But if you'd like to see it on someone other than a stick thin model, let me know and I can email you more pictures.  I received so many compliments on this dress.  If you're looking for something fun and flirty, this could be for you!

If you have any interest, let me know your needs.  I'd love to help out a deserving bride if possible.

Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!

Re: Trying Again - Donating Wedding Dress

• Options
    cressett7cressett7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Just want to say that is EXTREMLY thoughtful & generous of you.  Very happy to know there are still good people in the world!  =)

Hope you find a great bride to donate it to!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!   Fortunately if I don't get any takers from here I found a great organization called "Brides Across America" who are military brides who are given a free wedding dress if they qualify all across the country.   I figure better than sitting in a box or in my closet!
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • Options
    cressett7cressett7 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend who works for the Marriott and they do a charity event called "Once upon a wedding" - not sure if thet take dresses but couldn't hurt to check.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards