Missouri-Kansas City

Bridal Extraordinaire

Sorry if this has already been asked. I tried to do a search but the board search doesn't seem to be working.

Anyway - Has anyone shopped at or gotten their dress at Bridal Extraordinaire in Shawnee? I've got an appointment there because they carry the line I want to look at, but I'm afraid they might be a little on the snooty side.

Re: Bridal Extraordinaire

• edited December 2011
    Yes, they are very snooty! I didn't have a good experience with them when I was looking for my dress. My friend was going to get her bridesmaid dresses there because they were the only ones that carried a certain designer but they were not helpful at all. She didn't buy her wedding dress there so they really didn't give her good customer service when she was looking for bridesmaid dresses. I bought my dress at Emily Hart Bridal and they were a lot more helpful and nicer. 
  • edited December 2011
    i didnt think they were stutty at all.  it was a shock to me cuz i wanted to keep my dress under $1,000 and the form went all the way up to $4,000 for a dress.  the lady I worked with was very understanding and she pulled dresses out for me that fit my budget.  then agian, i was able to get more options b/c they do offer a military discount and FH is military.  so she pulled dresses that yes were over my budget but after the discount...they were pretty much right at the top.  I didn't get my dress there.....but she understood. and they even let me come back (before making a final decision) to try on the dress I fell in love with.  I guess it just depends on who you get....but i had a good experience there.  personally, i thought Ida's was way more snotty than BE...
  • katej78katej78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at BE and have found them to be really pleasant and attentive.  They offer a discount if you buy a dress on your first visit, but my mom wasn't with me the first time, so they let me come back with her and still apply the discount.  I've been back once since then to try on my dress when it came in, plus have called a few times with questions.  Their service has actually been a pretty good experience for me. 

Good luck with your dress search!
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't get my dress at BE, but one of my good friends did and I went with her to try on her dress with full hair/makeup before her wedding and they seemed really nice.  She seemed to enjoy working with them.

I got my dress at Gown Gallery --- they have a great new location in a loft downtown :)
  • sarabeth14sarabeth14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at both wedding and bridesmaids' dresses there, and although I didn't end up getting either from there, I had a good experience. When you try on wedding dresses, you get a private room for you and your party, which I thought was great. I didn't think they were snooty.
    Both my dress and our bridesmaids' dresses are from Ida's.
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't get my wedding dress there but I was in a pageant when I was younger & got a pageant dress there (back when they were Evening Extraordinare). I had a great experience! As far as I know, it's the same management. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards