Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Ideas for firefighter theme wedding

I just got engaged to a firefighter back before Christmas. We are planning on having our wedding in September. I would love to have a firefighter theme wedding, but I'm running short on ideas. I want to do the red, yellow, orange color scheme.... have the bridesmaids wear orange and carry red, yellow, and orange flowers. The groom and groomsmen will wear orange polos and khakis. We will decorate with my fiance's fire helmets and probably have some of his other fire gear around. Also, my uncle has an antique fire truck that we will be borrowing. Aside from all that.... I'm out of ideas. I also need to find a place to have it. We are working on a very tight budget (less than $4000) so it would have to be a very inexpensive or totally free venue. I hope you ladies can come up with some good ideas! Thanks in advance!

Re: Ideas for firefighter theme wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to page firegirlkorb on the baby board (thebump.com, cincinnati forum, or click on the tab up on the main page).  She had a fire themed wedding a few years ago.  If I remember correctly, her firetruck cake had l sirens.  Good luck and welcome! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm not a fan of themes, but google can probably help you come up with ideas.

i'd suggest keeping the theme as "wedding" because that's the most important part, and i doubt the fire department (while important) is all that you are as a couple and your relationship means to you. throw in a few subtle elements here and there -- groom's cake, firetruck cookie favors, fun table names.

generally when i hear "such and such theme" i think 5 year old's birthday party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might want to check out the Cincinnati Fire Museum as a venue for your wedding or the rehearsal.  They have rooms upstairs where you can host an event. The room fees are very reasonable, though I can't remember off hand what they are.
  • Options
    DRin10DRin10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just came across this:

http://www.favorideas.com/wedding-themes/occupational-themes/firefighter-theme-weddings/

I'm looking for favors to go with either my firefighter fiance or a Venetian gondola where we got engaged...so I'm still brainstorming :-)
    Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK girls here are some tips:
    Firefighter wedding garters cake cutters and INVITATIONS -  that don't look like there for a childs party - real invitations that are Unique on EBAY
    go to EBAY and search :
    Firefighter Wedding Invitations 
     or
    Firefighter Garters
    and for cake toppers etc visit
    http://www.coloradocarla.com/NurseFirefighterWeddings.htm
    You won't be disappointed!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards