African American Weddings

New Years Resolutions/Wedding Planning

Hi Ladies,

Do y'all have any planned??  Any big hurdles to over come in your wedding planning for 2012 or 2013?

Any January brides out there??  What do you have left to do??

Re: New Years Resolutions/Wedding Planning

• Hmmm let's see. I defnitely need to drop some pounds so I'm trying to come up with a weight loss plan. I have a ton of stuff to do for the wedding (9 months away) like officiant, dj, florist, honeymoon, invites, and a lot of details. So I'm constantly praying that God will provide and everything will work out.
    Anniversary
  • Weight loss for my July 2012 wedding is definitely one of my resolutions. I currently do not have any huge hurdles as of now in this planning process, but I know that with this New Year it will bring some... I just hope everything and everyone stays pleasant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_new-years-resolutionswedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8eefd192-3c44-4438-b1cc-3c434b9bb45bPost:322161e1-ca84-4f7a-8dff-121f3f238508">Re: New Years Resolutions/Wedding Planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Weight loss for my July 2012 wedding is definitely one of my resolutions. I currently do not have any huge hurdles as of now in this planning process, but I know that with this New Year it will bring some... <strong>I just hope everything and everyone stays pleasant.
    </strong>Posted by egammo3[/QUOTE]

I feel this way in my everyday life!!

Nothing big for us, our 1 year anniversary and then starting the TTC process, OMG can't believe I am actually saying that.
  • Oddly enough, one of my goals for this year is to maintain my current weight and stop losing. I need to tone, and gain some muscle weight. I'm by no means small, but I don't need to be any smaller than my current size 10/12. My dress is already too big!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I plan to lose at least 10lbs for my April wedding and I plan to stop being such a procrastinator when it comes to doing things for the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yea, I need to get my butt in motion!!  I've been slacking on the wedding planning and weight loss.  But I'm ready to BRING IT in January..lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • I'm with PP's.. both FI and I are going hard body on a diet so that we can look great for our April 2012 wedding.. that and working on our budget as a new family unit.. and I know it may sound a bit crazy.. but we will be TTC a couple months after the big day... FI and I want to start a family ASAP!...lol
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Since the holidays I have put a hold on the planning but come Jan 2nd, I will be back full swing for my Aug 2012 wedding.  I would like to lose about 5-10lbs before the wedding and actually keep it off. I need to start getting addresses, food tasting, cake tasting, etc....so far the only thing done is booked venue and purchased wedding gown. Save the dates were ordered as well.
  • Well as fa as resolutions are concerned, I have none. FI and I have decided that we will get our butts in better shape once we are home. I would love to lose another 10 lbs. Our biggest thing now with weddings plans is getting invites out in jan, paying people off and getting to AZ to do tastings and figure out details. Oh and of course counseling. But thats in AZ too. 
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hey I'm a January bride! :) 16 days to go! woo hoo! I still have so much to do. As for New Years I'll actually be moving to start my new job. My last day at my current job is tomorrow. I start my new job on Monday. So I'll be packing and moving for New Years. Our new apartment won't be ready until next Saturday so i'll be staying with FI's parents until I can get moved in on that Saturday. I'm debating whether or not to tell my mom's friend to cancel my shower because of all the moving back and forth. My shower is on the Saturday that we'll be able to move in and my shower is here in my hometown. I still have to rent decorations for the ceremony, give a final headcount, layout of ceremony and reception, final menu, book our night of room, and room for our honeymoon (we decided to spend our money on much needed furniture for our new place and head to florida for a few days) ,finish boutinierres, sew a new ring bearer pillow, get flower girl baskets, finish up BM pommanders (i bought them $5 each at hobby lobby on sale Wink) , get a guestbook, figure out ceremony outline, get marriage licenses (big TO DO!!!),  design and print programs, get a playlist for the dj, and figure out what song i'm walking down the aisle to as well as the other music for the ceremony. I'll get it done. I'm so chill right now..it surprises me!! lol!  :) I keep telling myself I will not get stressed out because it is not that serious! :)
  • These are great!!!  We can all get everything that we want to do done in 2012.  I have a lot of the same goals with the weight loss just no wedding this year (Thank You 2011), only attending them and offering to help out now.

Pretty - GURL, you are going to be busy but you'll get it all done in time, no worries.  Congrats though!!!!  Keep us posted on your progress and the new apt. 
  • edited December 2011
    I need to lose 10 pounds and tone up the rest. Trying to find a venue by the end of January and I resolve to enjoy this experience
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards