Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Reception sites

Ok - I have been a "lurker" for the past month or so, but since you all seem to helpful I'm ready to do more than lurk! I have looked into quite a few reception sites & there are three that I am putting some serious consideration into. If you have had any experience with the following I would love to hear what you think, good or bad!:

Bell Event Centre
The Embassy Suites (Covington)
The Grand

Thanks in advance!

Re: Reception sites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our ceremony & reception will be at the Embassy Suites Rivercenter in April and I can not wait! Our reception will be held in the City View Room that is currently being remodeled to have more of a "ballroom" feel! I have nothing bad to say about them - I've been working w/ Jessica and she's been extremely nice and accommodating!

I, obviously, recommend the Embassy! :)

Anniversary
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love love love love the Bell - They were the easiest vendor I worked with in the entire wedding process. I am happy to show pics if you are interested. Their staff is extremely professional and they kept me from spending a ton of money on decor and candles since they have a million of them. They help remind you of different pieces that you might miss and they are super nice. The food is excellent and their bar packages are great. We are still getting compliments on the venue and the food. I could eat there daily if they were open. If you need any more info - send me an email kelklump at gmail and I am happy to share.
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    on that note too - I loved the grand - but I hated coming out and seeing club venus next door. Not really the event I was hoping to throw. We edited them out of our search mainly because of this. We went by a few times at night, and the biker bar and Club venus were a huge turnoff for me.
  • Options
    hsnodgrahsnodgra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks ladies!

KELKLUMP - I really liked the Bell too - the only problem I have is that my wedding is going to be in April & the Bell uses the outside courtyard for cocktail hour. If I don't have nice weather (which is very possible in April!) then the cocktail hour would have to be in the back of the Bell - and the guests are just kind of watching them convert the places from wedding to reception. That seems a little weird to me - how did it work for you, did you have the courtyard? I agree about the Grand - I just cannot get over Club Venus! Too bad b/c I really loved the place besides that.

ECONNER - I LOVE the City View room, but would only be able to do my cocktail hour there b/c my guest list is too big... 200+. So we would have to move to the ballroom for the actual reception. Would you still recommend Embassy Suites even with this situation?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Receptions in Fairfield. Has anyone else booked them. It seemed nice and the price included everything. Just wanted some feedback if anyone knows anyone that has used them for a wedding.
  • Options
    TarynJ2010TarynJ2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have booked Receptions in Fairfield for my wedding in August also. Prior to booking,  I had been to a previous wedding reception as well as a few corporate dinners there.  Their food was great.  The sales manager has been very helpful in answering my questions concerning the reception planning so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not to add to your reception search... BUT since you are looking at the Embassy Suites in Covington, I have to ask if you've looked at the Marriot Rivercenter across the street??

We had our wedding reception at the Marriot Rivercenter and it was wonderful. We had a smaller reception (close to 75 guests);  and used the waterfront ballroom for cocktail hour and then the grandview ballroom for our actual reception. I prefered it that way, because there was more of a "grand unveiling" for our guests. We received several compliments on this.

The Marriott finished their renovations last September (just in time for us in October!!) and it looks amazing. They worked with us and our tight budget, and everything went VERY smoothly the night of. The food was delicious, and everything was setup how I envisioned.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. Smile If you have any questions, send me a PM. Good luck with your planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards